79.Moonlit Winter

Language: Korean, Japanese

When I think of this film the only word that comes to me is BORING and after reading quite a few other reviews I have come to realize that mine is a very unpopular opinion. But that still doesn't change the fact for it was absolutely bland and tedious.

The story is about a daughter wanting to reunite her mother with her ex-lover after she finds an old love letter. The premise sounded interesting enough for me to watch the film but then I didn't quite like the execution, from what I remember of the film most of it was just snow and clicking photographs, mostly of the daughter and her boyfriend. The pacing was so slow, I had to watch most of the film at x2 speed.

I was also very disappointed to find that our 'supposedly' leads do not even meet until the very end of the movie, it could have been fine if we could have at least gotten see the old school memories in the form of flashbacks but that didn't happen.

The only good part of the movie was when our sapphics finally came face to face although for only 1 minute 30 seconds of the entire movie and the ending where Yoon hee read the letter. Other than that, not to be harsh, but this film felt like a waste of my time.