93.Aftersun

Vote for more recommendations!!!

Aftersun isn't a lesbian movie in any sense, the only reason it's here is that we see Adult Sophie have a wife and a child for a few seconds, I wouldn't have usually put it here but I CAN'T let people not know about this piece of art, it will be a...

Aftersun isn't a lesbian movie in any sense, the only reason it's here is that we see Adult Sophie have a wife and a child for a few seconds, I wouldn't have usually put it here but I CAN'T let people not know about this piece of art, it will be a crime against humanity not to recommend this experience.

This movie starts as a story about a father-daughter vacation, them having fun together and it's just good vibes and no plot until the end. The portrayal of Sophie and her father is so intimate and natural that you become a part of their experience, I watched most of the film having no idea where it was going, thinking it was just another mediocre film until the end hit me in the face like bricks.

I was waiting for a proper conclusion but all I got was the realisation it had ended and a wreck of emotions that I didn't know what to do about. It's the kind of movie that overwhelms you with emotions and you just sit there not knowing what to do but just feel. You get to feel the melancholy of good times with adult Sophie, we don't know what happened to her dad but we know it's the end.