V

Jay

I began to thrash my closet as I try to find the letter. The noise seem to attract my dad as he hurriedly enter my closet.

"What is going on?!"

"Dad . . I can't find my letter. Remember the envelope that is crumpled and old? The one with me when you got me along with these? Who entered my room? When I came to your office the letter is still there. . . I locked my room"

I was having a breakdown.

Why do I feel like I just lost a part of my life? I know I don't care about the letter anymore but Hena protected it with her life that I now feel like I have somehow betrayed her. It is her last wish but I lost it?

That secret just have been so grave. But I can't find it.

"Jay . . . listen, calm down, if your room is locked all the time, no one took it. You could misplace it somewhere. Your room is huge son and you have a lot of stuff. Maybe it is just somewhere. Come on. . let's go"

I packed my stuff as I manage to pack three suitcases. One is for my electronics, the other is for my clothes, and toiletries and other necessities and the last suitcase is for my protection. Of course, I have to protect myself,  I still have many people to go back to.

I went back to the office with my dad as I still am not over the fact that I lost the letter, or the envelope. It is a big thing to misplace.

"I will tell the organizers to contact the chosen three so you don't have to worry. Anyway, when we get there, you will be taking over the divers and their well being as stated in their contracts. You can also try your luck and dive in"

"That is actually exciting. When will I go?"

"Next week. . . it's a good thing you packed quickly"

I laughed as I again look at the photos of the pearls.

They look so pretty, they can be made an art to decorate the person. I mean, the pearls can me modified to shapes and the color can be made into marble like look.

Plus they come in many sizes which is a good deal as we can charge more.

There is also a folder for the diver's informations so I take a look and the first face I saw immediately made my blood boil.

"Dad, please remove this person in the team. . . I know him and I don't want him working with us"

Confused, my dad took the paper and nodded as I proceed to browse the profiles.

You see, that man I just rejected is the waiter from before. When I am doing nothing in the trash can, he literally shood me like an animal. Now he's searching for a job and ended up in the profiles of the divers?

Wait. . .

"Dad, I take it back. . . bring him back"

My dad seemed shocked and from his expression, he knew my reason.

That man deserves nothing but to be shooed like an animal. I will make him feel how it is to be treated worse than an animal. He will voluntarily resign.

"Dad, I'll go out . . . I'll be back for dinner . ."

He just let me do what I want and I again drove my car somewhere.

After a few minutes, I reached the place, the home I knew for five years and it is the house that holds my innocence. Now, it is gone, burnt to ashes, useless and everything that it holds now vanished, like my childhood.