XXIII

Jay

My eyes were fixated towards him as I took in his enchanting beauty. I have never met someone like him who can make me like this apart from Hena. She's the only person who showed me kindness when everyone around me is mean. After she died, the last bit of innocence and goodness in me slowly perished along with her. I thought I would live like this until I die. I thought I would live with a lot of people cursing me alive for being like this but after I met him, he made me feel like if I died, although many people curse me and celebrate my death, there will be someone who will actually grieve for me, someone who will tell them that I am nothing like they see.

He does not see the full picture of me which I'm scared to show him. I'm scared that if he found out I hurt other people, if he found out I don't flinch when I shot people, if he found out how I treated others, I'm afraid he might as well swam back into the ocean and never return.

His absence can even lead to my total meltdown. I'm so attached to him and I now cannot imagine myself without him. I might loose my sanity, I might be imprisoned for actually killing someone, I might even be hunted down by the authorities and have my ass on the electric chair. I don't know but the possibilities of me dead is huge.

He's so happy with the smallest thing I do for him. I can just peel him some carrots and he's happy. I can just drive him around the city and he's happy. I can just buy him a cotton candy and he's happy.

But some part of me doubts it. What if he is just like this because he never actually experienced them before? What if after he has seen the value of this world, he won't be contented with small things and want more than I could give? What if after a long time of living here, he will turn out like me?

There are countless possibilities, questions and assumptions that I can't even think of any answer to.

Should I be honest with him? Should I open up to him? Will he still smile at me?

I'm still in the middle of my monologue in my head when my phone vibrates indicating a text message to which I immediately open.

[ WARNING!! MENTIONS OF MURD*R AND K*LL*NG AHEAD ]

From: Unregistered Number

"Hey, this is Sunghoon, I'm using my maid's phone for my dad to not suspect a thing. My dad is forcing me to go abroad and my flight is tonight. I didnt even had the chance to talk to Jake but I'm certain he's in good hands in your company. My dad might come to you tomorrow to push in with the partnership but I tell you now to NOT agree. My dad has a huge secret I don't know yet but I believe it has something to do with my uncle, his older brother. He had a breakdown a while ago and shouted something like 'Find that brat and make sure no traces of my brother's blood will be alive". I think my cousin is not dead. I don't know how long he will keep me overseas but if you suddenly receive a message from me, please help me. My dad knew I know something and I'm scared that he might kill me. I'm not his real son after all.

My body jolted up after reading the message. Is this really Sunghoon? Why on Earth is he telling me all of this? Why me? Does he trust me so much to disclose these information? Is he that closed up that there is no friend he can disclose these to? does he have no one he can trust? This is insane. And the fact that his life could be on the line is the main point here.

But why is that secret so severe that he is ready to kill his son? Wait, Sunghoon is not even his son.

I learned many things on one text message. Sunghoon is not Mr. Park's biological son. Mr. Park somehow is involved with the death of his older brother. Mr. Park's nephew is alive all these years and he's searching for him. How did he know he's alive? Does he know how the son looks like?