XIII

Jungwon

I am really scared when that thing roared and began to move as I felt like I'm falling to my death any moment. Buildings passed by quickly and before I know it, I'm crying. I hate this, jay will think of me as a weird crybaby and I hate it that I'm this weak over a thing like this. Jay literally calmed me down during the whole time and to top all of my embarrassment, I slept on him while I'm on his lap, oh and the best part is he even brought me inside his house because I can't wake up.

After we had that delicious food with the carrots, I got scared with how the other people look at me. Why are they looking at me like that? I'm so scared right now that the hairs on my arms are literally standing. I am now not comfortable with the room I was in before because I felt like if Jay is not around me, I will be in trouble.

He looked annoyed tho and I almost cried again to how I manage to screw everything up without even a day in this place. He pressed a button on a weird looking thing and the huge rectangle in front of me lit up and something started to talk making me immersed.

How did they get inside that small flat thing?

What are those things talking about?

"You can -- hey what are you doing?"

I immediately stepped away from the flat thing. His face looks so confused.

"What are those things doing inside? . . are they alright?"

I asked him and he literally slapped himself on the face as he pulled his hair in frustration.

"That's a television. . those things are . . goodness I'm too tired for this. . just sleep because I'm sleepy"

He laid on the bed as I continue to watch what is on that screen. And before I knew it, I began to watch and watch and as time passed by, I managed to learn new things that are common to humans like Jay. The smartphone, and this flat thing is called a television and the thing I am seeing right now is a movie. I also learned about videos and music and photos. I manage to learn what a microwave is, although I didnt manage to see one in real life but hey, the knowledge matters.

So many things are present in the human world that I don't see underwater and one thing that still confuse me is the thing called money. A piece of paper that humans use to exchange. It is like in underwater, it is  like our gold. The money is a colorful paper that has numbers on it. Apparently if the money has more zeroes printed on it, it is more valuable.

Money is like the thing that makes the Earth go round. You cannot live without money and you cannot do anything without it. Even moving from one place to another requires money whereas under the sea, we can swim wherever we want to go without any gold.

Another thing I don't get are accessories. People gives a lot of money in exchange for a bag that can't even fit a smart phone, a wallet and their key, why? Or a car that is so much but can take you to places just like other cars who costs less.

Humans are confusing or maybe because I don't really know anything. It's good that I have this television that shows me almost everything I need to know. And as I continue to watch, more and more questions are filling my head and the more I think, the more I want answers. If I am to blend in here to hide, I must do my part and blend with them, in order to do that, I must know everything.

Movies after movies, videos after videos and I didn't realize how time has passed and when I look outside, it is already sunrise. I have been watching since afternoon yesterday. That's why my eyes feel so tired right now. I took the remote and pressed the red button to turn it off and I didnt even have the luxury to place it down and I'm already down, I mean asleep.