XXVI

Jungwon

I am currently clinging onto Jay hyung as we laid on his bed that night after we went home from Sunoo hyung's supposed happy day. I still cannot believe they have to ruin my brother's birthday just so they can get me. Why do they want to defeat Jay hyung? He has done nothing wrong to them.

I know Jay hyung is not the perfect person or the best companion or boss but does it make it valid for those people to come after him? And the worse part, they're not really after him, they're after the ones he loves.

What if they get him someday? Will they kill him? Will they hurt him?

I shivered at the thought of him not being with me and being hurt and I held onto him as tight as I can. My eyes are already tearing up with the thought I just had and I couldn't help but bury my face on his chest.

I felt his arms wrap tighter around me as his other hand went through my hair calming me as I know he's by my side.

"Relax, I'm here. Go to sleep now ok?"

"Will Sunoo hyung be alright?"

"Of course, he and Riki are in my house with us so they will be safe. I made sure of that "

"Thank you . . "

I am sad to be honest because I just found my long lost brother and I thought we'll be able to bond just like we always dream before but it was ruined. I'm glad we all are safe and no one was seriously injured but still, it makes me mad.

I just closed my eyes and calm my nerves down as I rest my head on his chest and finally, sleep took over me.

. .. 

I was awoken by the cold and empty space beside me where Jay hyung was laying down before I went to sleep.  Where did he go?

I went out the room and tried to search for him but I saw all doors closed and lights off except for one, the office of Jay hyung's dad. Could he be in there?

I stepped closer and I saw the door slightly open and I am about to knock when I heard Jay hyung talking with his father.

"Are you sure it is Park Sooho that could be behind this? We cannot assume just because you found some clues without evidence"

Jay's dad spoke and it seems so serious that I decided to just listen.

"Dad, the letter Hena gave me has all the possible answers and if Sooho was proved to be guilty, it would be a breathe of justice for all the victims that were killed by him"

Jay hyung sounded so different and it is scary. I never heard that tone of his before and honestly, I want to peek to make sure it is Jay hyung speaking.

"Jay, Sooho is not an easy enemy. ."

"No, Sooho is an easy enemy but his cowardice is what scares me. Because he cannot face me or neither of his enemies, he targets the ones he knew are attached to us and they're the ones he uses to be able to say he defeated us. . . I can just kill him with a bullet but I don't want him to have to luxury of an easy and painless end"

Why is Jay hyung speaking like that? I'm scared.

"Apart from what he did to Sunghoon, and almost to Jungwon, what else do you get?"

"Well, after reading my email, I confirmed a lot of things that I thought were just hunches. Sooho, because of immense anger and jealousy over his brother, he murdered his whole family and managed to take over the company. He's married and had a son but five years after the murder, media suddenly never spotted his wife. Then after 10 years, people noticed how he always alienate his son and from the documents, Sunghoon indeed is not Sooho's son. The DNA test result showed so. Because of this, he began to treat Sunghoon so bad that the poor kid have to study so hard, he had no social life and he never had the say on his life. Even his relationship to Shim Jaeyun was prohibited with the price of Jaeyun's life"