Nokukhanya (Chapter 10)

Chapter 10

Nokukhanya Ngwenya 

I’m so excited finally I will be a qualified CA and if everything goes according to my plans maybe I will do my Master’s as well but one thing at a time. I woke up feeling light today I even dreamt of my parents last night and they were happy so happy that my mother kept on touching my stomach. Speaking of my stomach how crazy was my Nana though thinking I’m pregnant I mean how can I be pregnant I only slept with that married man nje kphela and no one else and it happened once basically I’m still sealed as he said. I’m still a virgin so how can I fall pregnant if I slept with one person and only once.

You sound so stupid right now. Wake up and go get your degree you are embarrassing me right now... how dare you think like that? Don’t you know that having sex …unprotected sex for that matter leads to babies? Don’t be stupid. Fuck you bitch! I tell my subconscious and the bitch leaves after flipping her hair and showing me her middle finger.

My head was buzzing with various options …scenes and all that shit that happens inside one’s head last night and it was so hard to sleep because I am so confused, I mean how can my grandmother think that even this bitch now is getting me paranoid. I can’t be pregnant I am not ready to have someone call me mommy I mean I am still a child myself. Enough! Get up and get ready you still need to come up with a lie to tell your Nana why you leaving here instead of at your house.
.
.

The auditorium is crowded.  Shit! I never knew we had this many students here. I had to come in early so they can prep us you know the clever students the ones that get distinctions for all their modules and we not that many it’s just five of us…2 boys and 3 girls. Girl power! Anyway, the ceremony is about to start. My Nana walks in looking so ever beautiful with her long dress I’m telling this one used to turn heads she is simply breath-taking and my friend with her small baby bump looks very sexy.

As the Chancellor gets to his feet and starts the ceremony with his speech, I’m busy scanning the hall to see where my family is at and my eyes lands on his…WAIT he is here? But why? What the hell is he doing here?  I watch Langelihle looking deliciously handsome with his black suit that looks like it was tailored on him and a fresh haircut and I find myself thinking about my first time with him on how delicate he was with me… looks like he lost some weight there though. I sink into my seat trying to make myself as invincible as possible and I fail miserably because the moment my eyes go back to him, he is gazing at me.

The ceremony takes about two hours to finish I mean I did say they were a lot of students here today. Finally, I get called by my sexy faculty Chancellor on the stage to get my degree. When I return to my seat, I do a little twerk and a twirl, and everyone laughs, my inner goddess… the bitch is definitely not pleased with this as I cannot dance to save myself, I would die on the spot should they ever ask me to dance but hey look at me twerking in front of the whole auditorium like I’m a video vixen or something.

“Seriously you had to do that in front of everyone just right after getting a degree Khanyo?” Mxm! This bitch just had to call me that though. Ignore her she just wants to piss you off and today is your happy day. The Goddess says and I agree with her this time.

“My baby girl has gotten herself a degree. I’m so proud of you my sunshine.” 

“Thank you, Nana…” I say giving her a hug. Oh, I love this woman and I pray to God that he keeps her until I’m more established in life there’s more, I still need to do for her. I still need to spoil her rotten and she still needs to meet her grand-grandchildren. 

“You did good Kid and I’m proud,” Mzwandile says earning a look from my girls. But I don’t know why he calls me kid I mean we are like six years apart he can even be my boyfriend for all I care since there’s no ring on his finger plus I haven’t met any of his girlfriends since I started working with him.