Nokukhanya (Chapter 11)

Chapter  11

●Nokukhanya Ngwenya 

“Miss Ngwenya. They are waiting for you.”

“I’ll be right there Zanele. I just need a minute.”

I watch her as she walks out and closing the door behind her. My life has always been a roller-coaster ever since I lost my parents and it’s worse. When I lost my Nana, may her precious soul rest in peace, I died along with her even though It has been 3 years since she left but it still feels like yesterday when the Doctor announced her death.  I had to be strong because she only had me that witch only came to claim her belongings when she learnt that her mother left everything to me. But I wasn’t having it, I fought her till she gave up. She might have won selling my parents house but she didn’t even get a cent from my Nana.

Sigh, memories.

I rush out my office headed to the boardroom to meet our potential partners.

After her funeral I packed up and left. I left everything behind including my heart. Cindy threw a fit when I told her that I was leaving. She threatened to cut me off her life for good but I had to do it for myself, I had to leave otherwise depression and stress would have killed me, just after three days burying my Nana, Vic paid lobola to that stupid Carol and my virgin breaker was a married man even though he was there for me from when I found out that she was no more till the day I said my final goodbye to the love of my life he still wasn’t mine. My best friend wasn’t talking to me for a week and I had to settle in Cape town all by myself. I grew up that week, I bought a small two-bedroom house and a car, a white kia picanto with the money my grandmother left me with and went to find a job. I had to get busy or else I would have gone crazy.

Mr Butler hired me on the spot that day I came rushing in here and bumped into him because of the strong wind and rain outside and ever since we’ve been inseparable some of the workers even thought I was his side chick. The company wasn’t doing so well that’s why I convinced him to sell some of his shares and get partners than to close down and move back to England.

I get in and all eyes are on me. 

Shit!

Oh, God!

Oh, good Lord what is he doing here? What is this man doing here? When I left, I left him with all his drama little did I know that I was going to be connected and tied to him for the rest of my life.

“Sunshine, meet Mr Gumede. He just bought half of the company.” Says Mr Butler.

What!

Patrick cannot do this to me seriously!

“What do you mean half? I thought we agreed that I was going to do talking here, half! Seriously?” I cannot believe this, if I don’t kill this old man right now, I’m sure his wife is going too and I am going to help her bury his body.

Khanyo! Stop the drama tu. Why are you ignoring the man standing in front of you? Look he still looks good and there’s no ring on his finger. My subconscious says the obvious. I mean the first thing I did when I saw it was him, I checked his finger and there was nothing. Don’t look at me like that I still dream about the man and my daughter betrayed me and came out looking like her father and nothing like me who carried her for full nine months. It is very hard for me to forget him.