Nokukhanya (Chapter 26)

Chapter 26

● Nokukhanya Ngwenya 

I don’t think I will ever forgive Langa for calling me a bitch, I know I might sound hypocritically right now because I always name call him, but to us women it hits different when you are named called. Especially from someone you think you might mean something to them.

For the past two days I have been ignoring him and his wife. Right after he stomped out, Fikile came here guns blazing and I had to give myself a pep talk not to talk back at her, just only because I did her wrong by sleeping with her husband. I know I would have responded to her insults, but I kept it cool and just kept quiet and respected Langa’s first wife and not her. This house was built only for her, no one else is allowed in this house, but here am I with my daughter on my back cooking dinner for me and Lindo, he asked that I make enough as he will be bringing someone to meet me. Whoever is coming here is not allowed inside the main house just like me.

In no time I finish the cooking. I did not go all out for this dinner. I am no one’s wife! I go and bath my daughter before her grandmother comes to fetch her, she now sleeps with her both her grandchildren. I thought I was going to be thrown out from here by Langa’s mother after she left me, by that hasn’t been the case. In fact, our relationship has improved after my revelation. She has been coming here every morning to check on us. I am very grateful that Nonjabulo has a family, un-luck me. Langa’s family is very big, and everyone gets along. When coming here I thought his aunts and uncle were not going to like me, you mos how it is when you read novels or watch movies, it is always the aunts and uncles that have problems with everyone. I thought me coming here everyone was going to judge and crucify me for keeping my daughter away from them for the past years but that hasn’t been the case. I am pretty sure everyone like me.

There’s a soft knock by the door and as I am about to tell whoever is by the door to come in, this Lindokuhle walks in with a huge smile on his face. He looks good. So good that I am staring at him. He is wearing black chinos and a white vest that shows off his toned muscles. ‘Please stop staring at him’ My subconscious scolds me. Mara this man standing in front of me is good looking. Lindokuhle is the definition of SEXY. 

‘Bitch please, it’s the hormones speaking’  

Clears throat.

“Baby mama. May we come in?” We? Who the hell is we? 

I clear my throat again as if there is something stuck in there. I nod my head at him before moving away from the door so he can come in. He even smells they way he looks.

She’s here.

With him.

“Nokukhanya, how are you? You look good.” She says.

“Uhmm…thank you. Please come in.” What the hell is she doing here? Are they dating? I spun my head so quick after she walked in following him. Lindokuhle had a small smile on his face. I watch him moving some of her hair behind her ear. What the hell is all of this? 

I could just tell from the look he was giving her that he is long gone, Lindo is in love.

Lindokuhle is in love!

Don’t ask me how I know this because I won’t have an answer for this. I just know because I happen to watch a lot of romcom movies.

Who knew that this would happen and with her? Don’t get me wrong I am not judging. The thing is Lindo is one mutherfucker, him and dating don’t go hand in hand. He is my daughter’s other daddy and I have grown to know him better. I am shocked. I am shocked! And I am going to ask him about this.