Nokukhanya (Chapter 12)

Chapter 12

●Langa Gumede 

Waking up today felt like a drag, I don’t know how many times I have snoozed my alarm the damn thing was irritating and I ended up switching off my phone. Nokukhanya is seriously fucking up my mind. I couldn’t sleep, I’ve been tossing and turning the whole night because of her once again she has occupied my mind.

When I saw her yesterday my heart skipped a beat like the very first time I saw her. Mzwa was right she looked beautiful, she gained weight in all the right places and I just wanted to kiss her but I’m a married man now I need to respect my wife. Speaking of wife let me call her.

The phone rings for the forth time now. I just wonder where she is normally she picks up at the first ring. I get up and get ready for the day.

…..

“Morning.” I greet when I find Mzwandile and my brother already having breakfast.

“Good morning.” Mzwandile replies. I start dishing out for myself before sitting down.
They are both looking at me making it difficult for me. This is awkward.

Shit I need to apologize.

“Mzwandile I am sorry for my behavior izolo that shouldn’t have happened. I shouldn’t have taken my frustration out on you. For that I apologize.” 

“Apology accepted.” He says and I nod and start eating.

“But Langa tell me this…do you have feelings for her?” He asks and I choke on my food.
What’s his problem? Is he trying to kill me?

“Why do you ask? Do you have feelings for her as well?” My brother comes to my rescue however throwing me under the bus too. How can he say ‘as well' he just told Mzwa how I feel.

“I do. And seeing that your brother is already involved with someone, I would like to take a shot at her and ask her out.” This fucker! 

“Langelihle will that be a problem if Mzwa asks table girl out?” Definitely!

“Why would it be a problem? I mean he is married.” He says then looks at me.

“You have a wife and a baby on the way so it shouldn’t be problem for you right?”

“Yeah man.”

“Then I’m asking her out and I hope that wont create any issues between us.” 

“It wont relax. Excuse me I need to get ready for our meeting.”  I say then get up. I won’t sit here and listen to this bullshit.

“About that… we not going to meet Patrick at his office but his house.”

Let me just walk away before I say something I’m going to regret. I wonder why we have to go to his house instead of the office what if she told them about us and now they don’t want to do business with us. That would be lost for both companies.

…..

We on our way to Patrick’s house now and I must say my brother is driving very slow. It’s just us, I don’t know where Mzwa went it’s been awkward since he basically confessed his feelings about her.

“Langelihle Gumede.” He wants something from me.

“Mhhmm.”

“Are you okay?” He asks not looking at me.

“Yean I’m good.”

“You know you can always talk to me. I’m your brother and I’ll always have your back no matter what.”