Chapter Four

I stood awkwardly Infront of the whole of Slytherin house. Their pale white faces staring back at me blankly. Whispers raced through the crowded room. I turned slowly towards Professor Snape as he raised his hands. The room fell silent at this single act almost immediately.

"Now. I am sorry to have called you this late. But as you can see. We have another member. A late member but none the less a member of our family. You may know her as the Gryffindor Princess. But as we had foretold long ago she is no longer. Finally, she has joined our family and left the cruel and abusive Gryffindors". Professor spoke, his voice ringing through the room.

What...? They had been waiting for this to happen? They had known beforehand it would happen?! How? An echoed hellos rang through the room and faces lit up in friendly hellos.

"What's happening? How did you know?" I gasped looking from The Professor to my new found family.

"We always knew Granger-er-I mean hermione. We knew since the first day you would one day join us. We just had to wait for you to realize your true path". Malfoy explained stepping towards me.

"But you hated me...all these years you've hated me because I'm a Mudblood" I glare at the saddened boy.

"No Hermione, we didn't hate you. And believe it or not you aren't a mudblood. You are a pure blood. One of the purest there is now a days. Dumbledore wouldn't allow you to know your true parentage but we all knew. We could act nice to you or our cover would be blown. We were ordered to treat you as a mudblood as to not give you away. I'm so sorry Hermione. Will you forgive us?" Malfoy asks extending his hand towards me.

"Who are my parents? I...but my parents are muggles!" I exclaim liking towards Snape worriedly.

"I shall explain that to you at a later time Hermione, right now you must complete the ceremony. And please forgive Malfoy for he looks like he might die if you don't".

"Thank you Malfoy. I can't forgive you right away but seeing as we shall be seeing Eachother a lot more I shall eventually do so" I explained, cracking a smile at the poor boy.

"That is all I can hope for for now. Thank you Hermione". Malfoy says bowing slightly at the waist.

"Hermione please hold out your hand"

I place my hand lightly in Snape's and look up into his eyes. He takes my hand and holding it tightly he takes the ebony dagger and draws it swiftly across my open palm. I hiss slightly at the stinging pain but quickly recover as I've endured far worse pain.

"Do you Hermione Granger accept the responsibility of being a Slytherin? And promise to protect your new family with all your might?" Snape asks as he turns over my wrist and waits till three drops of blood drip into a goblet.

"I do".

"You are now part of us. Your heritage will help you along the way and your family and house shall protect you at all costs. You have nothing to fear anymore". He says waving his wand healing my wounded hand.

"Thank you" I murmur gazing up into his brown cold eyes.

"Hermione if you please there are a few things I must discuss with you before tomorrow. May we speak privately in my office?" He whispers.

"Oh yes ofcourse" I quickly follow suit behind him towards his office careful to not fall behind his strong fast strides.

Once we reach his office he ushers me in and quickly closed the door and wards it behind him. He hurries about for a second grabbing bottles and ingredients before settling at his desk. He takes a deep long sigh before gesturing for me to take a seat across from him. I slowly sink into the surprisingly comfortable red velvet seats and settle in.