Part 39

The Leighton was known as the bloodline who mostly became the Royal Knight-Captain for generations. It was started by Elira Leighton who was also the first woman to be the Royal Knight Captain. Since then, the descendant still kept the position of the Royal Knight-Captain within their grasp.

The current Captain of The Royal Knight was Noah Leighton, the first son of Elijah and Amelia Leighton. After his father retired from his knighthood, Noah instantly took over the position with his great ability.

His skills were ranked third after Ezekiel Lucelence and Hayes Castor.

The Leighton couple originally had two kids, a son, and a daughter. However, thirteen years ago their daughter suddenly went missing when they were on an outing.

Since then, Amelia Leighton's health deteriorated. Thankfully with the great care of her devoted husband, slowly her health got better.

"Is it really alright to hide it from them?"

Hayes asked his teacher as they were about to part ways. After the meeting ended, they both decided to immediately take care of the barrier. Winter was around the corner so it needed to be done as soon as possible.

"We are a third party in this matter. At least the child still has you, no?"

Edwin spoke without diverting his eyes from the magic circle he was drawing.

"Well, that's true."

Shaaaa~

The light started to appear when Hayes and Edwin channeled their mana to the magic circles.

"Let's save this discussion for later. I expect to meet you in Academy in two days."

"Yeah. Wait, what!?"

Before Hayes got a chance to protest, Edwin has already vanished into the air.

"THAT DAMN TEACHER!"

Those were his last words before he was transported to his destination. Those two days were the most painful days for Hayes. He slept for a whole day as soon as he returned to the Academy's dorm.

The night when Hayes returned, Zoella was about to greet him as she knew what happened. It seemed to her that Hayes was being punished by Edwin because of his reckless behavior.

After she greeted Hayes's zombie-like face, Zoella sprinted back to her room. Being a 5th-grade mage didn't mean that someone would be overly powerful. There was still a consequence of using an excessive amount of mana.

Or worse when mages run out of mana as they used it, they could die. That was why mages always nurtured their mana control.

"Looks like the punishment was really bad. This is the first time I see that kind of face on teacher. Well, it was his fault after all."

Zoella mumbled as she laid her body on the bed. She raised her hand and gathered some mana in it. She could feel it was getting easier to control her mana now. Her body also became lighter each time she trained with Lilian and Margaret.

It was almost scary to think that she became this powerful compared to her past self. Her body shivered as she erased that thought.

"Honestly, it won't matter even if you're not strong."

Zoella covered her eyes with her arms recalling Lilian's words after Hayes's exam.

'I'll train harder, Zoe.'

'Maybe I won't be as good as you but I'll try.'

Margaret didn't say anything at that time but in her eyes, there was the same determination Lilian had.