Interlude

With his head down, Y/n held his eyes closed with guilt, as he couldn't bring himself to look at the person next to him. Nevertheless, a woman embraced him gently with her kind touch.

A softer and softer caress was applied to his head, as Y/n listened to the heartbeat that echoed inside her.

Y/n: "I'm sorry..." Stumbling on his words as he spoke. Y/n began to shed a few tears, while they slowly seeped into the shirt of his caregiver. The constant flux of Y/n's body that jumped with each tearful cry only intensified as the woman had no choice but to use her words.

???: "It's okay. You did nothing wrong" She spoke In a tone of voice that carried the impression that Y/n had been lied to, this only caused his teary state to worsen.

Y/n: "B-But because of me, you and dad..." The woman chuckled, grabbing Y/n by his tiny puffed up cheeks dressed in tears, and raised his eyes to her own.

???: "I will only say this once, so keep that in mind, okay?" She spoke, wiping the tears from Y/n's face, his figure shaking with every passing second.

Y/n: "O-Okay." He stifled his nose, and tried his finest to take in whatever was to come next.

???: "Decisions are everything. So much so, in fact, that in the course of life, everything you do and everything that happens is a result of decisions. These decisions can be of your own choice or those of others'. But you must keep in mind that whatever you choose to do in the future, you have to carefully think it out. Even if all the world's secrets were revealed to you, and everything that you could have chosen was outlined for you, you would still have made the same decision a million times over."

Y/n: "A million times over?"

???: "In fact, not even. That decision should always be yours to make. A person shouldn't ever regret what they choose. And to do that, they need to be true to themselves. And to never let their stubbornness lead them into something pointless."

The woman sighed, and rubbed the boy's head. His tears had faded and his dull eyes had become confused, yet fascinated.

???: "Just enjoy your life and don't worry about me or your dad. In a month, you'll start middle school, right?"

Y/n: "Yeah..."

???: "You don't sound so sure."

Y/n: "I am!"

???: "That's better! Besides, you're already 10 years old. You'll definitely need to be more aggressive if you want to win Sera over."

Y/n: "Huh!? Ewww!!"

She laughed.

???: "Well maybe I should be telling that to her." She continued to laugh. Leaving the once saddened boy embarrassed. 

"Even if both outcomes aren't ideal."

"You just have to pick one you're proud of..."