Chapter-21

[Author's POV]

Getting her consciousness back, the first thing that Arima felt was an unbearable pain in her neck. It was very painful that she wanted to cry out in pain.

Slowly bringing her hand to her neck, she touched the area where she felt that pain. Just by the small touch, she felt more pain.

She wanted to beg someone to take away this pain, it was that painful. She slowly sat up on the bed still keeping her hand on her neck. 

Opening her eyes she looked around finding herself in her room. It was still nighttime. Then she recalled what happened before she lost her senses.

Andrius bit her.

That move of his made another fear of his in her heart now. She knew he was a demon, a dark creature that came from hell.

However, she did not know he would feed on humans. And she had married that demon and even lived with him for the last three weeks. 

"How are you feeling now?" She was startled by the sudden voice which broke her thought and found him standing just beside her near the bed.

He had a blank look on his face yet, there was still worry in his eyes, which she could not see, as right now she was seeing him as only a dangerous creature that can even eat her alive.

She moved backward away from him making him confused, but soon enough, he realized why she was going away from him.

Her eyes only held fear right now. Nothing other than fear. That same fear that he had witnessed on their first meet.

He can't believe he had scared her this much, by just drinking a small amount of her blood. It did not even take a second for him to leave her when she fainted out of pain.

As she was going backward, he came behind her making her flinch in fear, fear of his. He wrapped his arms around her softly, sitting just behind her on the bed.

His heart pained seeing how much she was shivering, just because he held her in his arms. It was not a new thing for him to do, but she was shivering like he was going to eat her right now.

Until now he realized that whatever small amount of progress in their relations had happened now, is all gone, just by his one move, which had scared the hell out of her.

"Calm down. I won't hurt you." He mumbled in her ear, making her clutch the bedsheet in her palm.

His words were not having any effect on her. Instead, it was scaring her more. He just hurt her and now he was telling her that he won't hurt her.

"Drink this." He forwarded a bowl filled with some kind of portion in front of her. "You'll feel better."

However, she instantly pushed his hand away with the bowl which fell on the floor, spreading that liquid on the floor.

"Stay away from me! You demon!" Pushing him away she moved to the other side of the bed. 

Only hatred and fear were lacing in her words right, which he felt, too, paining his heart. He never wanted to witness any kind of hatred for him in her words and heart.

"Arima, listen-" But, she did not listen and got up from the bed, and started to run towards the door.

In her running, she tripped over her leg and was going to fall, but was soon caught by Andrius who held her by her waist preventing her from falling.

"What are you doing, Arima? You're weak." He made her stand straight, but when she tried to get free from his grip, he then gripped both her hand in his one and her waist from the other hand from behind, restraining all her actions.