Chapter-38

[Author's POV]

As the sun rose over the horizon, the morning light sparked all over the place. Arima's eyes opened and she felt the warm lights around her vision. 

She opened her tired eyes to see white curtains covering the soft mattresses she was sleeping on. As she moved her body slowly, she felt drained for reasons she still didn't understand. 

She lay on the bed for a while, remembering the events of the night before. As she recalled the previous night's events, heat spread across her face, and she realized why she was tired. 

She suddenly felt something heavy on her tummy. Looking at it, she noticed Andrius's hand wrapped around her waist, as he was still sleeping on his stomach with his upper body bare. 

She couldn't help but admire his handsome face, as she had done before. There were times when she would wake up before him and unknowingly admire him, and she was always caught by him, and the things that followed were no different than the previous night. 

Today, she doesn't mind staring at her handsome sleeping husband. She clutched the cover tightly to her chest, trying to move slowly and silently in her position. She turned slowly toward him, his arm still resting on her waist. 

Even though he hadn't woken up despite her efforts, she was surprised at herself. She is well aware that her husband is a cunning demon. 

What if he's just pretending to sleep? 

Arima stared at him, looking for any small thing from him to see if he was awake or not. However, she received nothing. He showed up to be sleeping deeply. 

She smiled as she realized he was actually sleeping and that she could stare at his face for as long as she wanted. 

She moved her hand closer to his face and softly caressed his face with her finger, feeling the contours of his face and soaking in every moment.

While caressing every feature of his face, her smile did not fade. She moved her fingers slowly from his cheek to his jaw, not wanting him to wake up and ruin her moment of admiration for him. 

But, to her dismay, his eyes opened in an instant as she was caressing his nose, startling her as she removed her hand from his face. 

He had been awake the entire time... 

"No... I awoke when your fingers touched me..." Andrius responded to her unspoken question as he hovered over her. Her cheeks flushed instantly as she realized she had been caught by him yet again.

Arima kept looking at his chest, unable to meet his gaze after being caught red-handed by him. Andrius smiled, leaned down, and placed his lips on her bare shoulder, sending shivers down Arima's spine. 

Arima clutched her hand on his bare bicep, feeling him slowly sucking her skin, trailing a few kisses across her shoulder, to her neck, making her breathing become heavier. 

"Andrius..." Arima pushed him slowly when she felt him sucking the weakest spot in her neck. Andrius smirked as he observed her reaction. 

"Why do you always stop me? It's my mark." As she pouted in response, he remarked possessively, caressing her hair with his fingers.

"That doesn't mean that you always take advantage of it..." She mumbled looking away with an upset and blushed face. 

Andrius raised one eyebrow at her words. He stopped caressing her hair and moved his fingers to her face caressing it just like she was doing with him when he was sleeping or more like pretending. He looked into her eyes and spoke in a mischievous tone.