Chapter-36

[Author's POV]

"I made a mistake by falling in love with a demon like you, Andrius!" She yelled at him while making an agonizing confession, her eyes glowing with rage. 

As the words sunk into his mind, he stared at her silently but in shock. In the quiet room, only her sobbing could be heard. 

Andrius didn't turn away from her until she had finished until she had finally expressed all of her suffering in a terrible confession. 

After that, though, she was only left with the thought that she should leave and never see him again. Andrius' charcoal eyes continued to follow her as she moved toward the door after wiping the tears from her face. A smirk of satisfaction appeared on Aandrius's face as she left the room. 

"I finally won my challenge, butterfly...." I said. He finally turned around and followed her, a triumphant grin lingering on his face. Arima was running for the front door of the mansion. 

Right now, her mind was a complete jumble. She doesn't want to remain in the mansion any longer after what Andrius said. A heartbreaker like him is not someone she wants to stay with. 

She was worn out and felt betrayed; all she wanted to do was return to her house and forget about Andrius. 

He had first turned her life upside down, and now that everything was back on track and running smoothly, he had to admit that he had never loved her. 

She had more faith in Andrius than in those brief video clips. However, his response also confirmed that he did not love her. 

She started crying as she remembered what he had said and walked up to the front door of the house.

She was startled when the mansion's partially opened door abruptly closed on its own as she approached it, but she quickly realized who was responsible, so she no longer cared about him. 

She merely wished to get away from him and this place and never return to a liar like him ever again. She attempted to open the door but failed. She was gripping the handle so firmly that she could feel a tiny bit of pain in her palm as well.

She was constantly trying to open the door when she noticed two palms and a familiar presence behind her. 

"Don't put too much pressure on your palm, butterfly. They're going to hurt." Andrius's deep words rang in her ear, causing her to close her eyes in rage, while she also tried to suppress the giddy feeling in her heart that she felt every time he came this close to her. 

She pushed his hands away and turned around, only to get trapped between him and the massive door behind her. 

"Are you going somewhere, butterfly?" As he asked her, he had a triumphant grin on his face, making her glare at him with pain and rage. 

"Yes..." she says and added in her words. "...away from you, where you'll never find me. " Arima yelled at him, making him laugh. 

As he said in his deep tone, he leaned closer to her, making her turn her face away in anger, tears still in her eyes. 

"You are well aware, butterfly, that nothing in this world can stop me from finding you. There's a reason I drank your blood in the first place."

"I don't care." Arima snapped at him and pushed him away from herself, forcing him to take two steps away from her. 

"I just don't want to be with a liar like you, Andrius." Andrius only looked at her, a small smirk on his face. 

"Now, butterfly, I don't like your nickname. I'm not lying." His smirk and guiltless tone were making her even angrier.