Chapter 1

"Is it raining outside, Wony?"

Asked my cousin Yujin who was sitting on the sofa while watching Tv inside my condo. I was irritated to sit on the sofa and put my bag and project on the table. I didn't know it was going to rain, I wish I had brought an umbrella so my sketch wouldn't get wet!

"Isn't it obvious?" I answered irritated.

I want to cry because my effort in my sketch was wasted! I tried to save my sketch but it's too wet now. I just stood up and looked for a towel to dry myself up.

"Aunt called, she said we will have dinner at the mansion later" that's why Yujin waited for me.

I just nodded and told her to wait for me. I showered and dressed in a white mini dress before pulling Yujin to go to the mansion.

After we arrived, mommy and daddy just hugged us before sitting us down in the dining room. Yujin and I were sitting in the dining room quietly, waiting for mommy and daddy to say something.

We nervously looked at my parents because we knew when it was just the four of us seeing each other we knew there was bad news.

"So...." mommy broke the silence. "Our close family friend died..." Daddy continued what mommy said.

Yujin and I looked at each other in surprise, both not understanding what they meant.

"What was the connection with us then? I mean...we don't have anything to do with them?" Yujin asked confused.

"The deceased is our family friend, they are also one of the company's important business partners." I explained to Yujin.

Daddy smiled at me, which was obviously fake, and continued talking. "Since their son is the only one left alone in America, we just decided to keep Sunghoon here-"

"Don't!" I cut off what daddy was saying.

"Don't let him stay here, please." I said, begging.

"Wonyoung, calm down. He is still our friend's son and he has no one to be with in life so he will stay here." Daddy explained to me.

"But he still has a grandfather and grandmother, right?" I stared at Yujin. "But I think they are here in Korea though," Yujin retracted what she said earlier.

"Mommy, I swear if he stays here you won't be able to bring me back to this mansion." I said firmly.

"But he's on his way here," mommy answered nervously.

"Fuck it" I got up angrily and left the mansion to go to my car when suddenly someone honked his horn which surprised me. I'm ready to yell at the person who honked at me when i realized who it is.

He parked his car and got out of it. He was wearing a plain gray shirt and black slacks which really added to his physical appearance. We looked at each other but he immediately averted his eyes. For reasons that i don't know, my feet just moved towards him as if it had a mind of its own.

But before i could even get close to him, he also came close to me. Eyes still glued to him, I stopped walking when he also stopped in front of me.

His eyes were emotionless, as if I didn't see his love for me there before,

or maybe it's just my imagination that he loved me too.

"Miss," he said coldly.

Has he forgotten how he hurt me?

"Where is the entrance of the mansion, miss?" He asked.

Have I not been enough for him?

Maybe not.

_________________________________________________
Hello! I'm afraid that I can't update constantly but I'll try my best! Ciao!