Chapter 7

Elliana Pov:

"WAKE UP" Issy shouted in my ear

I groan putting my hands on my ears and turning around to the other side of my bed. She then pulls down my covers and takes away my pillow.

I sit up in my bed rubbing my eyes. I look at Issy with a somewhat confused look on my face and with a "what the heck" look.

She simply just smiles at me. "Get ready, we have a team breakfast, and after breakfast Coach wants us to go get some pre-game workouts in,"

I put my hands in my face, and I scream into my hands but it sounds all muffled. "All I wanted to do was sleep" I whine

She laughs before patting my shoulder. "C'mon get ready I'll wait for you when you're done"

She walks out of the room. I then walk to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I then walk out of the bathroom and into my room.

I puff out my cheeks in annoyance before walking to my closet. I pack my uniform and cleats in my soccer bag and put that to the side. I put on some sweats with a plain graphic t-shirt. I put my hair into a bun. I grab my bag, phone, key, and AirPods and walk out of my room.

Elli was on the couch with her soccer bag next to her. She looks up from her phone at me. "Ready," she asks

"Yep," I say

We both grab our bags and make our way out of the dorm. We walk over to the designated cafe where the team told us to meet up. We walk in, and just like always we're the last ones there.

We walk over to the table and plop on the really big booth. I sit next to Issy with Sophie on my other side. I smile at everyone as a good morning.

"What takes you both so long to get ready? You two are always the last ones on getting here," Jada says

"I dont know, ask sleeping beauty over here," Issy says looking over at me

Everyone looks at me and I shrug. "I need my sleep" I simply respond

Everyone laughs at my response, before looking down at their menus. I look down at the menu in front of me. I just decide on eating a breakfast sandwich with tea.

We all order our breakfast. They take our menus away.

"I know it's the morning but we need to pick up the energy guys!" Sophie says "Woooo! It's gameday"

I turn to look at her with a tired expression on my face. "Woooo! Gameday" I say sarcastically waving my arms around

Sophie smacks the back of my head. I groan in pain because she hit me pretty hard. "Oww!" I whine in pain I rub the space where she hit me.

"That's what you get for being so sour and being a smart-arse so early in the morning" She replies crossing her arms on her chest.

-

After breakfast we all made our way to the field to get in a pre-game workout. It was currently 11:23 and our game starts at 1:45. So we had time to review plays and other tactics we would use in games.

After a while of practicing it was finally the time for the game. We were all currently in our locker room planning and discussing last-minute stuff. Coach had just finished her speech and everybody was getting ready to make an entrance. I had stayed behind to wrap my leg in a bandage since it had been through severe surgery last year, and I didn't want to damage it again. Nobody but Coach and Evina knew about my injury.

I had just finished bandaging my leg up. I'm currently tying my cleats when Coach comes up to me. I look up at her and raise my eyebrow in confusion.

"I want a good game from you kid. I've seen what you're capable of, I see how hard you work. Just play the game like you know how to play it. And be careful with that ankle of yours, we can't afford to have you injured" She says

I finished tieing my cleats and stood up from where I was sitting. "Yes Ma'am" I respond before heading out of the locker room.

I jog over to the field and see a bunch of people in the stands. I stand there pretty amazed for a while. In the stands I see Evina. I wave over to her and she waves back. I also see Nika, I smile over at her and wave and she gives me a thumbs up with a smile back. I then see Paige, I blush a little seeing that she came to my game, I wave shyly at her and smile. She waves back and smiles looking at me with those blue eyes of hers that I love.

I'm pretty sure we were staring at each other for a long time because Sophie had to shout at me to grab my attention. "Stop staring at the love of your life and come over here"

I blush an even redder before running over to my team. " Shut up" I mutter, when I'm standing by them.