Chapter 18

Paige Pov:

It's been a couple of days since we had seen the news about me and Elli. Ever since this mess started everybody on social media started posting edits of us and assumptions about us. A couple of days later, me and Elli went to our manager to talk about the situation at hand. We had talked about wanting to go public so that's what we did. We went to our managers and talked to them about us going public. They ended up asking us some questions and what it would mean about us going public. We agreed that we still wanted to go public and our managers agreed as well. They told us when they had finished writing an article about us being together they would text us.

Honestly, it felt really great getting that weight off our shoulders. I wanted to hold Elli, I wanted to hold her hand, be able to hug and kiss her, just show how much I loved her in public for a while now and I finally can. 

Both men's and women's basketball teams were going to head to Six Flags in New England. We ended up inviting some of the women's and men's soccer teams to join us as well so we were currently going to meet up at Geno's Grill parking lot so we could eat and then go to Six Flags. It was going to be a ton of fun.

I was currently dressed in some ripped dark gray jeans with a tie-dyed blue and white long-sleeve shirt. I was wearing some Nike socks with my university blue air jordans. I had brushed my hair and left it down. The fit was comfortable but it was also stylish for Six Flags. It is a simple but nice outfit.

The team and I had arrived at Genos Grill and we were currently chilling in the parking lot waiting for everybody else to get there. We used two cars to get there. Evina had texted Tyer and Elli that we were there so we were currently waiting for them. Nika had texted Andre to hurry it up. Which made me laugh because they were so impatient

The soccer team had finally arrived in four cars. When Elli came out of the car I couldn't take my eyes away from her. She looked very beautiful. She was wearing some ripped blue jeans, with a white crewneck that had the Nike logo on the side, and over that was a blue jean jacket. She was wearing some white vans. Her hair was super pretty too, it completed the outfit, the top half was in a bun and she left the lower half loose the ends were curled a bit. 

She caught me staring at her and walked towards me. "Hi love," She smiled pecking my lips.

"Hey beautiful," I reply hugging her. "You look really pretty"

"Thank you, you won't look too bad yourself" She playfully said as I smiled.

We all started talking waiting for the men's basketball team to get here. It took them a while for them to get here but they did finally get there. 

"What took you guys so long?"Evina asked, with her raised eyebrows.

"Not gonna lie we kinda got sidetracked and forgot the time, and then along the way we got lost cause we let Andre drive," RJ says which makes everybody in the group laugh.

I intertwined my hand with Elli's as we walked into the restaurant with everybody. We got a large table in one of the corners. I sat next to Elli with Nika on my other side. Everybody was in their own conversations as we waited for the waiter to come and take our orders.

"How does it feel for you guys to finally hold hands in public and all that stuff," Jayden asks me and Elli

"It feels great, I get to hold her whenever I want when we're out" I smile, looking down at her

"Alright the day hasn't even started, it's 8 in the morning and yall are already tryna make me feel single," Issy says making us laugh.

"Shut it," Jada says whacking her shoulder.

The waiter had finally come to take our orders and it was a long progress since there was a ton of us. Eventually, everybody ordered and we waited for our food. We started talking about the rides we wanted to ride. The Superman ride seemed to be the ride, everyone wanted to ride. Apparently, it was the scariest ride in all of Six Flags, but I would have to see it for myself. It turned out it was everyone's first time at Six Flags since all of us live outside of Connecticut.

Eventually, our food came and everyone ate. After that, we paid and went back in our cars to head to Six Flags. It was a 3 hours ride so we would be in the car for a while. Christyn typed it into the GPS and off we went starting our adventure. 

-

"Damn, this park is huge," Andre said in excitement.

"Hold on let's take a couple of group selfies so we could remember this day when we're all old and grow gray hairs like Evie" Elli jokes around looking at her older sister.

"Elliana!" E playfully scolded her younger sister, which made the group laugh for what seemed the thousandth time today.

We took a lot of selfies throughout our time at the park. Some of us posted on our Instagram story. Me and Elli took a couple of photos together. All of us were having a great time at the park, it was nice hanging around our friends. We had ridden some small rides to start like the Catwoman Whip. It was fun but it was basically a kid's roller coaster. 

"Guys let's go on this ride" Adama pointed at an orange and green ride called the Pandamonium.

"Alright"

"Yeah sure"

"Yeah"

"let's go"

I grabbed Elli's hand, intertwining our fingers together as we all headed towards the ride to stand in the long line that seemed to go by pretty quickly. Before we all knew it we all were in the front of the line, turned out we had to split up into groups of five's, since there were only five seats for each coaster.

The people in my group were Nika, Tyler, Jayden, Issy, and Elli. We got on the ride and put on our seatbelts. We adjusted it to be striped on perfectly. The guy gave us a go before starting us up. We waved bye to our friends before climbing the hill of the rollercoaster. 

"AHHHHHHH" Issy screamed as we went down.

Everyone started laughing at her screaming, it wasn't even a downfall and she was yelling.

The ride eventually ended and we all were still cracking up after what happened on the ride.

"Shut up, I could've died" She looked at us

"Issy you were screaming way before the ride even started" Elli deadpanned laughing still.

"It was still scary" She defended herself which made us laugh even more