Chapter 20

Elliana Pov:

"El watch your left!" Destiny yells out to me.

We were currently playing a home game against Georgetown, and we were losing by 1 point, if I had blocked that recent goal then we would be tied, but I couldn't so now we're trying to get a last-minute goal to keep us in this. There were 2 minutes left to go in the last half and Georgetown had the ball sprinting toward me. This game was very physical, you could tell that everyone was trying their best so that the opposite team didn't win. The student section was pretty full too, trying to hype us up. Everybody was super focused, trying to finish this game with a win.

"Yeah! I got it" I yelled back as I shuffled toward the lower left of the goalpost.

As soon as number 6 from Georgetown came closer quickly took in how she played. I could tell that she was going to kick the ball with her left leg into the right side of the goal. As soon as I saw her lift up her left leg to the right side of the goal, I shuffled a little to the right to open up my options. I was right, the ball was heading to the right side of the goal so I quickly acted and I sprinted over, and jumped to attempt to catch the ball from entering the goal.

I fell on the ground on the side of my body with my arms wrapped around the soccer ball. The student section started to break into applause when I saved the goal. I quickly got up and rolled the ball to Kiana who passed it ahead to the offensive side of the field to score a goal with very little time left. But it was too late because the half ended, and the game ended with us losing 1-2 at home. 

We all walked over to the sideline getting ready to shake hands with the opposite team. When I got to Georgetown Coach she stopped and complimented me on how well I did on the field. Honestly, I really like it when the opposite team's coach compliments my ability.

"Good Job out there Westbrook, you played really well," The Coach said.

"Thank you," I said in return.

I walked off the field and into the tunnel that lead to the locker room with a towel on my head covering the top of my head, so nobody would see me. I took off my jersey revealing my sports bra, I stuffed my jersey into my bag and went up to my locker, and sat on the stool that was in front of it waiting for the rest of the team and Coach to walk in.

As soon as the rest of the team walked in they all sat on the stool waiting for Coach to come into the locker room. The locker room was dead silent, nobody was talking. It was our first loss and everyone was taking it pretty hard. It really hurts, that you played your heart out and it wasn't enough.

"Pick your heads up. Now." Coach Rodriguez said as soon as she walked into the locker room. 

"Even Though we lost, I'm very proud of how each and every one of you played. You never once gave up, you never put your heads down, and you all gave it your all, no matter what the score was you girls fought until the end and that's what matters. Honestly, with how you all played today, I wouldn't even count that as a loss, that's a win in my book. Now pick up your heads and bring it in," 

"Huskies on 3, Family on 6" Jada yelled

"1"

"2"

"3"

"Huskies!"

"4"

"5"

"6"

"Family"

We all broke out of the huddle and went to go change. I went to the bathroom, quickly changed out of my shorts, and changed into my Uconn sweatpants. I washed my face and and cleaned myself up a bit. I walked out of the bathroom and grabbed a black Uconn Soccer shirt and put it on. I packed my things in my bag and slid on my crocs. I grabbed my phone and AirPods and put them in my pocket. I grabbed my bag and swung it around my shoulder.

"I'll see guys tomorrow," I say as I go up and hug everybody before walking out with Issy, Jada, and Sophie.

"Hey, don't blame yourself," Jada says to me.

"I'm not," I say looking at her

"We see it in the look in your eyes," Issy says.

"Yeah El, don't worry about that last goal in the second half, it's not your fault," Sophie says

"But I feel like it is if I just-"

"Stop. It isn't your fault, it's no one, we'll get them next time," Jada says lightly smiling as we exited the tunnel, she took a glance around and saw Paige and Nika.

"I guess we'll see you guys tomorrow," Sophies says as she and Jada hug me and Issy before walking away to go rest.

"Hey" Nika smiles hugging the both of us.

"Hi," Issy says smiling slightly.

"Hi princess," Paige says wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Hey," I say softly, hugging her back.

"You guys played really well," Christyn says appearing out of nowhere with Evie next to her.

"Thanks but we could've played better" Issy mutters

"Yeah, we kinda played sloppy at the end" I agree, frowning a little.

"Elliana Westbrook it is not your fault. And neither is it your Isabella Barlowe. Now pick both of your heads up because you both played a hell of a game," Evina says sternly.

"Yes, ma'am" Issy replies.

-

"Jeez slow down, you'll choke," Nika says to Issy.

"Sorry, I'm just really hungry and this pasta is hitting right now," Issy replied stuffing even more pasta in her mouth, making all of us chuckle

We were currently eating at Geno's Restaurant to try to get Issy and my minds off the game. We had all already ordered and we all had our food. Paige was holding my hand under the table, stroking my hand with her thumb every once and a while.

"Issy, El, are you both going to the boy's games tomorrow?" Evina asks.

"Uhm yeah, the whole team is going since they were in the stands today," I reply.

"Oh cool, cause me and RJ were thinking of going," She replies.

"Ooo RJ" Paige and I tease her wiggling our eyebrows, making all of us laugh, Evina throws a piece of her bread at the both of us.

-

After dinner, we all head to our dorms. Paige invited e to stay with her for the night and I couldn't deny it. I had just finished showering and I changed into a white crop top and one of Paige's sweatpants. Paige changed into one of her Uconn shirts with sweatpants. She was watching tv in her room on her bed when I walked in.

"You look really cute with my clothes on," She says looking at me with a smile

I blush a light pink before crawling into her arms, and resting my head on her shoulder.

"I love you," I say before drifting off into sleep.

"I love you too"