Chapter 23

Elli Pov:

"Can I wear one of your jerseys?" I plead Paige, pouting to get her to give in. Today was the opening game against Georgetown and I wanted to wear her white jersey under a navy blue UConn hoody to support her.

"Fine. But only because you'd look really cute in it," She gives in handing me one of her jerseys that has her last name and number on it.

I beamed at her giving her a quick kiss before putting laying it out on Paige's bed with my outfit for tonight laid on it. I had some dark blue ripped jeans with a navy UConn hoodie that had the logo on the sleeve and to top it all off her jersey would go over it.

"What time do you have to be at Gampel?" I ask her.

"At 12 since the game is at 2. Don't you gotta be early to meet up with Jasmine and take those photos of us?" She winks playfully.

"Yeah I do, I'm going to go shower," I reply heading to the bathroom.

"We can shower together," Paige blurts out quickly.

My face turns red as I hear what she says.

"Unless you do not want to, I understand if you feel uncomfortable with showering with me," She quickly says her face getting red too.

I turn around and look at her as I see shes fidgeting with her hands. "No it's okay, I'm comfortable with it and it would use less water, and save us much more time,"

She smiles before grabbing her own towel and heading to the bathroom with me. We undress ad as I'm undressing, Paige looks at me, in awe. I blush before turning away.

"Hey, don't look away from me," She says turning my head to look at her again. "Your really gorgeous," She whispers making me blush.

After me and Paige shower, we head to her room to change. I change into the clothes that I had laid out while she changes into her uniform and her sweatpants and warm-up shirt under her jersey. I grab my phone and put it in my pocket before grabbing all my gear and necessaries for my camera and putting it into the case so it is safe and secure. My camera is all charged so I place it and the charger into its case before putting it with the rest of the stuff. pack extra batteries and memory chips just in case I need to.

"Ready to go?" Page asks

"Yeah, are you?"I reply

"Yep," She says before intertwining our fingers, as we both head out of her dorm to go to Gampel.
-
"Hey Elli! Wassup P," Christyn and the rest of the team comes over and hugs me and Paige.

"I'm going to go meet up with Jasmine, Good luck and play hard!" I say hugging everyone and kissing Paige's cheek before walking out of the room.

"Take some good photos of me!" Evie shouts.

"I'm photogenic so just take any picture, it wouldn't matter," Nika says sassily

"Make my muscles pop out!!" Paige yells.

I laugh at their goofiness before turning around and saluting to add to the humor. "Aye aye Captain," I say making everyone laugh even harder.

As I walk out of the hall and into the gym arena I see Jasmine talking with Geno Auriemma. I walk over to her and she gives me a hug. I smile politely at Geno as they discuss.

"Geno this is Elliana Westbrook, Evina's younger sister, she's on the soccer team but she'll be helping me with the photos," Jasmine says her arm around my shoulders.

"Ohh nice to meet you, Paige seems to talk about you a lot, Evina does too," Geno says shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you too sir," I respond smiling.

"Feel free to record or take pictures of my team anytime during this game, it'd be good to get some film," Geno said looking at me and Jasmine

"Absolutely,"

"Yes sir,"

After talking with Geno, I take my camera gear to my seat where Jasmine and I will be sitting throughout the game. It had a good view of the court, of course, me and Jasmine would be able to move throughout the game to get angles. I get everything ready, and set up so I can start taking pictures.

As I'm setting everything up, I feel a pair of arms wrap around my waist. I tense up before relaxing into them, knowing whose arms they belonged to. I turn around with my camera still in my hands to see a grinning Paige Bueckers.

"Hi baby," She says, letting go of my waist, to let me prepare my camera.

"Hi love," I respond pecking her cheek. "Aren't you suppose to be practicing, getting ready for the game?"

"Yeah but I saw you and I wanted to say hi, plus I want to try to take a picture," She says smiling

I chuckle and hand her the camera, "Press this button to take the pictures and use this to angle the camera, you can use this to zoom in too," I explain pointing to parts of the camera.

"Say cheese," She says before taking a picture of me, I take back my camera and take one of the both of us smiling.

"Paige stop flirting with my sister and get back here!" Evina shouts at her.

"Okay, okay I'll be there in a few," She says rolling her eyes playfully.

"You gotta go," I say poking her chest playfully.

"I knowww, I love you," She says kissing my cheek.

"I love you too," I say smiling as she jogs over back to her teammates, as I finish setting my camera up.

"I took some pictures of you two," Jasmine says walking over and showing me the pictures. It was pictures of us taking the picture together that we just took and us laughing together. I loved this one picture that she took of us the most tho, and that was when we were hugging, in the pictures it shows both of smiling and giggling.

"Can you send me those?" I ask

"Yeah of course," She responds

"Thanks Jas," I say, as I sit down in the chair and take pictures of the basketball team practicing, and warming up for their game, before anyone shows up.