Chapter 14

Elli Pov:

I was currently looking out the window of the airplane. I was looking at the clouds and the ocean underneath us. My airpods were in my ear as I was listening to music. We were heading back home. That last game vs UCF we ended up winning by 1 point. The score was 2-1. I didn't play due to my wrist injury. The team did really good without me playing!

I looked down at my bandaged wrist. Cathie said I would be out for a maximum of 4 weeks to heal. She said depending on how bad the pain in my wrist was, was how severe sprained my wrist was.

Eventually I fell asleep with my head resting on my arm which was slung near the window. I woke up to Jada shaking me awake gently.

"El. We're here, we're back home," She said softly

I gently open my eyes and sit up. I looked out the window and we had landed. It was night time, it looked like it was around 1 in the morning. Everybody gets up and grabs their bags from the baggage area on the top of our seats. Everybody then walks down the aisle exiting the plane. I grab my bag and walk out the plane regrouping with my team

We grab our luggage in the luggage area and walk towards the exit of the airport as there's a Uconn bus waiting for us.
-
We arrived near the soccer facility. I got out of the bus and grabbed my bag. I was beyond exhausted and I don't know why. I didn't even play yesterday and I'm tired.

I slang my bag over my shoulder and grabbed my suitcase and guided it towards the door of the facility. Issy stood next to me and she looked tired too. All of us did. I mean they did play and this trip was exhausting.

We waited for Coach to send us away. She eventually did and we all started walking towards our dorm.

Once I got to my dorm I immediately went to my room and dropped my bag at the end of my bed and flopped on my bed. I didn't bother to change out of my travel gear. As soon as my head touched the pillow, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I woke up the next day and walked tiredly to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went back into my room and picked out some sweatpants and a hoodie. I grabbed my towel and walked to the bathroom to shower. After my shower I changed into the sweatpants and the hoodie and put my hair into a messy bun. I grabbed my phone and airpods and listened to music.

Issy came out of her room wearing sweatpants and a hoodie and walked into the kitchen. We both grabbed our school bags and walked to class together. We had biology, and I happened to have it with Nika and Paige.

We walked to class looking extremely tired. I looked around and I saw Nika waving at the both of us very energetically. Me and Issy both looked at each other and sighed before walking over and sitting across from them. There were four seats per table so it was just enough for the four of us.

"You two look rough" Nika points out looking at us.

"Gee thanks Nika, I thought i looked splendid today" Issy replied sarcastically.

"What time did you both land?" Paige asks

"Like at 1 in the morning but between waiting for the bus and waiting for the coach to dismiss us, we went to bed at 3" I responded rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"That explains why your both a mess" Nika says jokingly

"Haha" I respond sarcastically, playfully rolling my eyes

The professor walked in and started to teach the class. Most of the class was so boring. I felt like I could sleep even if I didn't try to. I kept bobbing my head and trying to keep myself awake. When class was over I grabbed my stuff and walked out to class with Paige, Nika and Issy.

We went to Eat Joy and to eat some food.

Paige walked near me as Nika and Issy were waking up front.

"I missed you" Paige said in a voice kind of like a whisper.

"I did too" I smile. "I'm just so tired"

"When we finish eating we can go to your dorm so you can rest and then we could go somewhere just the two of us," She said smiling

"Sounds great" I smile

As we the four of us walked to Eat Joy we saw some of the men's soccer team. I cursed mentally because they were all loud and obnoxious and I just wanted to eat in peace since I was tired.

"Elli! Issy!" Tyler exclaimed seeing us and walking towards us with Jayden

I smiled at my best friends and when I saw that Jayden was with him my smile grew even wider. Paige must have saw because she chuckled looking down at the floor trying to calm down her laughter.

"Hey Ty." I greet. "Hi Jayden"

"Hi Tyler, Hi Jayden" Issy said trying to remain calm.

Me and Nika look at each other and the start laughing a little at her awkwardness. She looks at us and glares at us before turning back toward the boys.

"How was your guys trip?" Tyler asks

"Exhausting"

"Tiring"

"Eventful"

"Was it tho?" I say turning to Issy.

"Nope not eventful" She says thinking about it

Tyler, Jayden, Nika and Paige laugh loudly at the interaction. I smile as they all laugh. The games were awesome it was cool playing collage soccer at other campuses it was just tiring and I missed my friends. We all enjoyed talking around with each other before departing ways. Ten boys had practice, Nika had to go work on a project, Issy went to who knows where so me and Paige decided to go to my dorm and hangout since we haven't gotten to see each other in a while.