Chapter 22

Paige Pov:

We had finally arrived at the movies to watch the new Avengers movie we all so desperately wanted to see. Since we had already bought the tickets online we just had to show security the tickets. Thank goodness we bought online tickets because the line to buy tickets was so long! After showing our ticket to security we got in line for popcorn.

"What do you want?" I ask Elli.

"I'm still full from that Chipotle bowl, so maybe we can share some popcorn and a drink?" She asks.

"Yeah, I was thinking that too," I reply.

I look on the candy shelf and grab a box of M&M. Elli has this obsession with chocolate, and M&M's are her favorite candy.

I place the M&M on the counter. "Uhm hi, can I get 2 large-sized popcorn, a large Coke, 1 medium Coke, and 1 water?" I asked once Aaliyah and I got to the front of the line.

Once we finished ordering we walked toward Nika and Elli who were in the arcade part of the movie theater. I hand Nika her Coke whilst I hand Elli the M&M's which makes her smile and kiss my cheek as a thank you.

"What theater are we in?" Aaliyah asks.

"Theater 5?" Nika says reading the ticket on her phone.

"The theaters that way," Elli pointed to the right of the hallway, as we started walking towards the theater.

We ended up getting to the theater and navigated ourselves into the row where our seats were. We were on row F and we had seats 21-24 reserved for us. I sat in between Nika and Elli, who was on the end and Aaliyah sat next to Nika on her other side. The seats were reclinable so I move the armchair up so I would be closer to Elli. I wrap my arm around her as she places her head on my shoulder comfortably. By the time we all got seated comfortably, the move started to begin.

Midway through the movie, Nika turns her head towards Elli. "Psst, El, can I ahve some M&Ms?"

"Yeah sure, Elli says dumping a few in her hand

"Thanks, your the best!" She smiles before turning her attention back to the movie, Nika seemed very concentrated on it making me and Elli giggle quietly.

-

"That was the best movie I've ever seen, in my life. They do not have the type of graphics in Croatia," Nika exclaims very excitedly as were walking out of the movie theater, Elli and I hand in hand as, Aaliyah, Elli and I laughed at Nikas's comment.

 "Welcome to America," I say, laughing a bit.

"I'm kind of craving ice cream right now even though I ate a bunch of sugar," Elli says looking at all of us.

"Yeah same, who knew that popcorn could make you gain a sweet tooth," Aaliyah says looking at all of us, agreeing to what Elli just said.

"We should go to dairy queen then, there's one nearby anyway," Nika says showing us the Dairy Queen that popped up on her maps app on her phone.

"Let's go," I say as we all enter the car to head to Dairy Queen.

The drive to Dairy Queen was pretty short, it was around 8 minutes. Once we got there we entered the fast food place and waited in line. The line was pretty short, there were two people ahead of us. After we ordered we waited until we got our ice cream, Elli got a strawberry milkshake, and Aaliyah got a dairy-free chocolate ice cream because she's weird and vegetarian, all jokes, we love Aaliyah. Nika got an Oreo Blizzard, and I got a Vanilla and Chocolate swirled ice cream on a cone.

"Oh my god, is that Elliana Westbrook?" I hear a voice say behind me.

Elli turns around and looks in shock, she smiles before going to hug the black-haired girl who previously called her name. I look at Nika and Aaliyah confused as to who she was.  They both shook their heads in confusion too.

"What are you doing here? I haven't seen you since we graduated," Elli says giving the girl one of her signature smiles.

"I'm here because I play against Uconn in a few days after their First Night," The girl replies.

She must play for Georgetown then. We played Georgetown our first game.

"Oh! Let me introduce you to some of the players that pay o the team," Elli says walking over to us, with the girl behind her. "This is NIka Muhl," Elli says pointing at Nika, "Aaliyah Edwards, and Paige Bueckers, my girlfriend," Elli says smiling.

"Hi," Aaliyah, Nika, and I say at the same time.

"Guys this is Stella Rojas, she and I went to the same high school, she plays basketball and is apparently going to be your first match-up," Elli says walking over to me and hugging my arm.

"It's nice to meet you," Nika says.

The workers hand us our ice cream as we continue talking with Stella. She seems pretty cool. She is pretty tall too. After a while of talking and getting to know Stella, we say our goodbyes and start heading back to campus since it was 9 at night and Nika, Aaliyah, and I had to get up for an early workout.

Once we arrive back on campus I walk Ell to her dorm before kissing her goodnight and heading to my dorm for a goodnights rest since I have a pretty bust day.

_____

Authors Note,

Hey guys Im sorry for not being active but I have had tournaments in Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, and New York. I have been pretty busy with school and basketball but I will be back to posting once a week.

Anyways love you all and thank you for the 7.5k reads!

Goodnight!