Chapter 36:Shards

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
     "-You all make sure to get home safely, and remember to keep that diet good to get more muscle!" I waved off to the last few of my tired disciples as they walked down from this elevation in the woods and beyond the horizon with some small goodbyes to me, finally leaving me as the last one at my training grounds. The rest left just a few minutes ago, I would've thought for Kamado's squad to be the remaining ones, as usual. He was too out of it, though, still looked a little frazzled from seeing the spar earlier. had to be dragged away by the golden boy while the boar made no point to help. 

     I laughed softly to myself as I went back to cleaning the place up, putting all the phony swords back where they belong in the storage shed built up here. It's been a long day, much more tiring than what I expected it to be. It would've been easier on me if not for the match against (y,n) in the younger hours of the evening.

     She sure puts up a fight, a real, real good fight. I know she's one of the better Hashira, but I didn't know what it'd take to get even close to winning in a mock-battle. Nevertheless, I wouldn't give up the experience for anything, even if a knot has formed on my head afterward. I still find it an honor to be trusted with such an old ritual. I know it's something of an unwritten tradition between Ice and Flame Breathing, but she could've gone to many other capable people. I'm glad she came to me, sure was a fight to behold among my students! I think the ending still has to be my favorite part-...

     ...My hands fumbled just a bit as I went to lock the last hole of the shed door, my face a deeper red that it should feasibly be. I've held it back for long enough, it's a miracle I overcame it when it first came up, hid a majority of it from my disciples. I tried to keep myself under wraps earlier when everyone was around, but just thinking about what happened might just push me off the edge.

     No... it has.

     I placed my forehead up to the surface of the shed as I groaned quietly, crossing my arms while the heat went to my ears. Looking back on it is actually too much. It's confirmed.

     I don't know what's worse; the position we were in, or the fact that it was on display for almost all of my trainees! (y,n) might not have shown much of a reaction (such tough skin, I don't know how she does it), but the blush that seeped into view at the predicament couldn't have sent me veering any more than it did. I was doomed for embarrassment from the very start, how could I not be?! I was sitting on top of her, yes, accidentally~

ᵇᵘᵗ ˢᵗᶦˡˡ ˢᶦᵗᵗᶦⁿᵍ.     

     I didn't even think that I'd put myself into that place, I'm not used to getting involved with 'those' types of things!! W-well, when I say 'those' types of things, I don't mean anything serious, just... romantic stuff! But obviously I don't think the incident was anything romantic between us two slayers, s-s-simply a mishap!!! I'm DIgGing My GraVEEe...

     I dropped down with my shaking hands covering up the blush on my cheeks from the eyes of the rest of the world- as if they're all watching- my back, leaned on the wooden door behind me.

    I gave my shoulder a shrug I when feeling a ruffle of feathers against my neck. Sharing a glance with my messenger bird, I stared into those beady eyes with my feverish sight. He and I both cocked our heads at each other in unison, my blush sticking its tongue out at the sight of my suffering in his eyes.

     "Sir, are you feeling alright?" The animal just had to ask me after only a second looking. I'm sure that I seem insane to anyone on the outside. Red and shaky on the ground, mumbling a mess of questions to myself. Shinobu or Gyomei would probably take me for sickly, try to put me under their care.