Chapter 63:Lockbox

~*Kyojuro's POV*~

'Kyojuro, I hope that these words will find you in good health, considering the situation troubling you lately. I write to you on this day to give my deepest regards to you, hoping that things with your father have been patched up, at last.'

'Those days back at our mission, you said something to me that I couldn't help but think about it more afterwards. It touched me to hear the gratitude from you. I'm grateful that you wish to keep me safe, no matter if it may bother me how devoted you truly are.'

'I've had many people promise similar objectives to me, a ruse to get what they want, but as these days go on and you cling on longer, it becomes more apparent to me that you are not here to gain, but simply idiotic.'

'Even after I gave you full reign, it seems almost obvious that you seek for no benefit, not after all that I've made you work for.

'There's so much that's been offered to me, and yet, you still feel it necessary to hand off even more. You give me joy, you give me safety in my lowest times, you give me reassurance when I still push you away.

'You give me peace, sometimes. Just sometimes.'

'I will not let you be dimmed, may this be my own devotion to you in the hopes that I too can be your shield and protect you too. Try as you must,

'P.S, you're welcome.'

     I lowered the letter from view and let my arm flop down onto my bedspread after reading the last few words, eyes stuck up in the heavens. I've been graced with more than just good sleep in her care, she gave me something from this heart. Maybe this was the answer- if outward progress wouldn't reveal itself, then how about a letter, just for me?

     I read every syllable in her voice, it was the first thing I did after waking up. I just pampered myself with a feast for breakfast in only a matter of minutes. It was filling, it still is.

     "... Looks like I know what I'm doing today!" I beamed while hopping out of bed, practically ripping off my sleep shirt and rushing to my room's dresser in glee. It's my free day today, hers as well, wouldn't you know it~! I don't have anything else to do anyways, so...

      "She said that she wants to protect me too." I repeated to myself out loud as I found a clean shirt in no time, still  giddy. I was wrong beforehand about her tough skin, I truly overestimated just how tricky it actually is. She accepted me, embraced me, was even willing to return the favor! She didn't even mention my confession in her response, and everything else was flawless! Except for...

      "I can't allow her to do that, I simply can't!" I said, heading to my mirror to fix my hair. There's no way we can protect one another if we do it at the same time, it's bound to fail! Yes, I don't deny that her help would be useful, but I intend to put everything on the line for her; I can't even have her interfering. We should discuss it sometime... it's something we can discuss. Forget the part about working things over, I even have a reason to visit! Now I'm certain about what I'm doing today!

     "Father, I'm going out!" I announced into the main hallway of the home after finishing up, keeping my head peaked out from the doorway while he emerged from his dark room with a smile. I dropped my own to see the smirk, why? Because I know exactly what he's about to do here.