Chapter 70:Sleeping

~*(y,n)'s POV*~
     "Dammit, kid, you have to wake up!" She's all the way on the other side of this town, but that doesn't mean a thing at the way she's going. I can feel that woman's eyes on us from through the stone walls and buildings, I can feel them trying to find the quickest route to demolish our little posse in an instant. Distance and obstacles don't matter. I can't even worry about that right now; with my hands too busy corralling around the blonde, all thought of fighting are absent from mind. One hand is slapping his cheek red, and the other... is searching for a pulse.

     I don't know how close the shot got to his heart, but god, was it a good hit. I can't do this, I can't lose one of the younger ones on my watch. Kyojuro entrusted him to me, as if I'd do a better job now when I couldn't just counter the attack for him. I didn't spare this boy... it was all my fault, I should've taken it anyways, risked my pulse.

     And now... n-now I can't even find his.

     "You have to... come on..." I cradled his head against my shoulder, angling my sword in front of us as laughs and explosions fractured around Mewa. She's charging up, she's gaining on us-

     "Thunder breathing, first form, thunderclap flash."

     ...

     They almost moved faster than my instincts could comprehend, jumping out of the way with him as Arashidan sparked into the narrow road out of thin air. I tried to move him, of course, but the injured teen... he leapt out of my arms, brandishing his sword in hands that were once limp.

     Even when being faced with a look of true nightmares, there's not a care in the world for him! He's a whole different person than just 10 minutes ago! Not... just a different person, he's asleep. I thought I was losing it when he came to the battle, guns blazing, eyes completely closed, but I wasn't as insane as I thought I was, after all.

     Sleep fighting, and after something that should've surely killed him. He negated the effects... this is the 'other him' that Kyojuro was talking about!

     "You fucking kid- - Open your goddamn eyes! You're worse than her!!" Arashidan screamed at Agatsuma while trying to throw him away, only becoming more frustrated when he adamantly clung to her wrist through the air . With her arm as his only anchor, she chopped it off at the base, going for the Slayer next with her cleave. I backed up from the boy's range as he... slapped her with her severed hand after dodging her, a blank face to contrast her own as he let the pale appendage disintegrate.

     This kid... "You... just slapped me with..." He's gonna get us killed. 

     "I'll slaughter you!!!"

     "-Frozen katana!" The force of my diagonal strike sent the woman's severed body shooting into one of the street walls, stone and ice flying in all directions. I hurried several civilians away from the action across the street before the demon exploded with lightning and returned back at my front with a blink, blade sending lightning stringing away from us.

      We bite at each other with the venom of our revenge burning our veins. It's painful, yet it gives me the life that my heart still must ration. I can still feel my heartbeat tripping inside of my chest, missing a beat every time my breath exceeds itself. And the blonde, he follows still, like a corpse risen from the grave. If he isn't affected, then...

     "Cloud calling, bring thine thief!" This time, I didn't even have to dodge the attack, the slumbering Slayer jumped right towards the demon and took her weapon by the hand like nothing-- he read my intentions to a T. He yanked the blade downward to open himself an opportunity for her nape, making direct contact. The sword didn't go through one bit, sparking away with the ashes that fizzed as electricity flew away from his hand.