I wasn't trying to confess!

He couldn't believe it. Taehyun couldn't believe it even hours later as he stares at the ceiling of his apartment, replaying the events of the day over and over in his head.

This is currently the best candidate for the unluckiest moment in his entire 21 years of living.

"I'm not interested."

"Thank you but . . ."

"I know you like me."

"This is the worst day of my life." He grumbles, dejectedly and letting his arm fall over his eyes.

"No, it isn't. It was that time when you fell during rehearsals and twisted your ankle to the point that you couldn't perform." Yeonjun says on the other line of their video call, blue light glasses on as he edits something on his computer.

Well, a close second.

"Kindly fuck off, really." Taehyun whines, sitting upright and crossing his arms over his chest in an almost childish manner. "Thank you for the reminder, Captain Scriptwriter who forgot his own lines. I don't need it."

Yeonjun rolls his eyes and turned back to his business just as Kai speaks up.

"Wow when I said you'd be 317, I didn't think it would actually happen." He teases, giggling when Taehyun glares at him on the screen.

"I didn't even confess! He just straight up said 'I know you like me but I'm not interested' like dude! I get it, you're pretty but I want to be friends!" Pouting after his tantrum, he feels his chest weigh heavier the more he thinks about it. But he just can't stop!

A boy so gorgeous it felt unreal, how can he not think about him every second of every day? (His browser tabs are full of google and wikianswers, so yes, he tried. )

"I thought you wanted to be his boyfriend." Kai points out unhelpfully.

"That's besides the point here, Kai! I wanted to build up a relationship like a friends-to-lovers fairy tale!" Taehyun grumbled, slumping on the backrest miserably, "I don't want to be 317! That's such an ugly number."

"You need to stop reading fiction." Yeonjun deadpans, surprisingly still listening.

Taehyun continued to sulk, lazily slouching on his couch, pouting as he stares at Beomgyu's instagram  page. The racer just posted a new picture, a boyfriend-shot of him on his motorbike, looking like he's waiting for someone to hop in. Taehyun had never thought of riding bikes before, but now he badly wanted to sit behind Beomgyu— wrap his arms around his waist and feel his warmth amidst the cold air brushing through their frames— finally seeing Beomgyu smile at him and leaning in and—

An ugly, miserable sob escaped his lips and he sinks on his cushion dramatically, turning round and round in a poor attempt to calm his pounding heart.

It's just a crush, Taehyun reminds himself, why am I so depressed over a little crush?

Maybe because it isn't so little, his mind provides. Maybe because Beomgyu is so different from the rest. Maybe because out of all the crushes he had, no one had ever gotten him this invested before.

There was just something about Beomgyu that had him so captivated. And he didn't want to move on.

He hears Yeonjun sigh at his end of the line, but he didn't pay much attention to it, knowing that his friend is just exasperated by his dramatics. Not until he spoke, that is.

"Okay fine, let's hang out with them tomorrow." He says.

Taehyun looks at him as if he was his savior.