I have to remind everyone to back off.

It's another day of their rehearsals for the class' performance for the upcoming university week celebration. A department tradition per se, and a part of their midterm grade. And while it's a bit leisurely and unpressured now, everyone is still working hard in doing their contributions for the show.

Including Beomgyu, who isn't part of the cast.

Currently, his racer boyfriend is standing on a ladder, fixing one of their decorations for Taehyun's short and only stage for this piece. As far as experienced these students are in making their props and setting up the stages, there's still a significant difference if it's an actual engineering major. And the results are evident once he had stepped down the ladder to check his progress.

"That looks good Gyu!" Taehyun compliments from where he's sitting by the corner of the stage, resting after his practice of the song.

"Yeah?" Beomgyu inquires, walking over to see it from a distance. Around them, Taehyun's classmates voice out their own praises, in exchange for a polite smile. When he's satisfied with his handiwork, he says, "Should I get started on the painting?"

Taehyun eyed his boyfriend, wearing black from top to toe. The decorations are to be painted white. "That's not a good idea with those clothes."

Beomgyu looked at himself as if he's unaware of his daily monotone fit. "I can take off my cardigan, and splashes of white on my jeans could make it look better." He shrugs, removing the cashmere clothing and showing off milky, toned arms peeking from his muscle tee. (Distantly, people squealed.) "Besides, I don't have anything else to do."

"This isn't for your grade, you know." The performer lightly scolds, very much touched by the gesture. Before he's placing the discarded cardigan around his shoulders as he starts to feel cold. (He likes wearing his boyfriend's clothes, and he makes it very obvious so Beomgyu lends him more.)

"I know. It's for yours." And he returns to his work, but not after sending him a charming wink. Which may have weakened the knees of everyone else and cause a lovesick smile to bloom on Taehyun's lips.

An hour later, Taehyun was still practicing with his group mates for the dance number, marking their positions on stage and exchanging opinions. Beomgyu had already finished his task, now resting on the seats beside their bags as he waits for him, his own class cancelled.

He was working hard, determined and driven to impress his boyfriend, especially after learning how Beomgyu developed his feelings. And Beomgyu eagerly watched, supportive and cheering; cheek pressed on a closed fist, and eyes proudly beaming at him. But somehow, despite the fluttery feeling in his tummy caused by this attention, it dropped to dread when he sees Yeonjun approach his boyfriend.

There's an easy smile on Beomgyu's face as he greets him, as they both laugh over something Yeonjun said, as they both nodded on an impromptu plan to go someplace else. And then he's looking back at Taehyun and signaling that he'd go out for a moment.

With Yeonjun.

And as much as Taehyun has his reservations and a disagreement in his head, he lets him be. He's his own person. Beomgyu is still Yeonjun's friend before he was his boyfriend, and Yeonjun is his friend too, even if they hadn't been talking for weeks outside of their classroom. This, however, birthed another thought; had they both continued communicating? Even if Yeonjun seemed to have cut him off?

Taehyun stares forlornly at the door the two walked out on, noticing how his friend didn't even spared him a glance. Albeit the cardigan as a reminder and the scent of Beomgyu's perfume on his body, he still felt . . . jealous. Maybe a little possessive.

(Or a lot. Who knows?)