I like you a lot

The news rapidly spread like wildfire.

After the instagram story and another post, which heavily looks like they were on a date, Taehyun's notifications had been flooded with questions regarding his relationship with Beomgyu:

Are you dating? What magic potion did you brew? Is this for real? You almost got us there. Didn't you got rejected already?

He responds to none of them.

Not because he didn't know where he currently stands in Beomgyu's life, but because he didn't want to waste his energy on those kinds of stupid accusations. Like, they could've just congratulated him and pretended they weren't bitter.

Besides, the answer spoke for itself when they went to university together on the next school day; on Beomgyu's black motorcycle speeding through the gates, after Beomgyu had picked him up from his house.

Taehyun couldn't help but be smug at the gaping faces of the students camping near the parking lot, waiting for Beomgyu to deny the rumors; only to see it confirmed right in front of their eyes when Taehyun stepped down the vehicle and removed his helmet.

Double confirmation when Beomgyu walked him to the Arts building despite being on the opposite ends from Engineering. Triple confirmation when they have matching cups of coffee, indicating that they even had breakfast together.

Holy fuck, Beomgyu had went on a date.

And it's driving them nuts.

Because that's the thing with being the popular heartthrob in campus and out: you're not too bothered if they reject you, as long as they reject everyone else too. That had always been the situation with Beomgyu.

But when they start seeing someone, one can't help the bitter envy coursing through every vein in their body. Hoping, praying, wishing it was them instead.

That's what Yeonjun was thinking as he stares miserably at Taehyun's happy skips.

"Taehyun! Where are the fabric you're supposed to pick up?" Yeonjun questions him when he spotted him in the rowdy auditorium.

The theater majors are doing initial preparations for a play they'd present at the end of the semester; piling sample props to deliberate on, looking through costume sketches, and finalizing scripts. There were lots of work to do on top of their continuously growing list of requirements.

Some were running in and out of the room sourcing out materials, there were some checking decorations from the backstage, a few arguing about who to lead, and most just minding their own business with their own tasks. It was one of their most hectic days in the course.

"They're on the way here!" Taehyun answers, standing on a stool and trying to fix some of the bigger stage props.

"It was for pick-up!" The other complains; Taehyun looks down at him and wonders why he's so worked up over it— "You haven't even left to get it and we need it ASAP for the sample clothing."

"I had to film something earlier and it was too early for the shop to be opened." Taehyun explains, a little sulky over it because he had to refuse being picked up by Beomgyu — whose class doesn't start for a good 4 hours after his first. "It'll get here, just—"

"Hey Taehyun! Someone's here to see you." Chaeyoung chimes in, teasing grin on her face as she carries a box of paper materials.

His heart immediately skipped and he jumps down to meet Beomgyu, leaving Yeonjun behind with his nagging.

And there he is, standing by the side door with a big box of fabric in his hands, looking even more handsome than the last time he saw him. (Which was yesterday, FYI.)