The Show Must Go On

When he asked if he could enroll in a theater company, he didn't expect a whole role in a local play. When he asked if he could attend his chosen school with his chosen course, he didn't expect for full support and to be the main performer. When he asked if his crush could look his way, he didn't expect for him to not look away.

Taehyun didn't ask for a lot of things. He was always blessed with more than what he needed, given gifts he didn't ask for, received more than he gave.

But when he sees a half-asleep Beomgyu, standing in his kitchen and making them breakfast, he realizes that this is something he'd ask for from every god out there. That this is the one thing he'd wish for for the rest of his life.

Beomgyu was just there, bed hair and yawning, in Taehyun's hoodie and shorts. Cooking pancakes in Taehyun's family kitchen, and feeding Precious tiny bits of the finished ones. It extremely looked like he was in his own house, utterly comfortable and practised; even his cat is moving like she's been living there for years.

It felt like Taehyun is seeing his future right before his eyes. A vision, a plan; a dream come true.

Softly, he wraps his arms around Beomgyu's waist, hugging him from behind and leaving a kiss on his cheek. His boyfriend hums a greeting back, cutting a piece of pancake and feeding it to Taehyun as well.

"I thought we're sleeping in?" He chimed, remembering how Beomgyu said he wanted to catch some sleep and have a full day of rest.

"Force of habit." Beomgyu rasps, his voice deep and hoarse, a clear sign of his tiredness. "Precious might've been hungry too so I thought we could have breakfast in bed and sleep again."

"Okay." Taehyun giggles. Moved by the sweet action. He leaves another kiss on Beomgyu's cheek before preparing the table with plates and utensils, pouring them both a glass of juice.

By the time the pancakes are finished and the kitty had eaten her share of catfood, they're both washing the dishes and putting them on the racks. In between soft laughter and coordinated movements, light brushing of skin and happy blush on their faces. Moving like domesticated husbands after a few years of marriage and living in their own little world.

And then he remembers, Beomgyu promised him exactly that.

If Taehyun is being honest, he's still deathly afraid of his boyfriend being caught in an accident. Especially on the racing track.

After his motorcycle crash, and the incident at one of his practice races, Beomgyu was put on temporary rest from all kinds of driving. As decided by his crew captain and father, to give him some space to recuperate and remove tension. His keys are kept by Nanny Min and he's going to be driven around by their family driver (or his newbie driver of a boyfriend). Beomgyu argued that he was fine, that he didn't need the break, but when Taehyun talked him into it, he eventually gave in.

(The investigations of the crash came out, and the other driver was detained for reckless driving. Sued by both Beomgyu's family and racing organization. As it turns out, the driver found the racer arrogant for speeding down the highway, got irritated and chased him, and bumped him off of his balance. Hence the dent in his car and the damage in Beomgyu's bike.

He was moving at a legal speed, just relatively faster from the lightness of his vehicle. Some drivers are just shit.)

But right now, as Taehyun glances at Beomgyu longingly watching his cousin drive around the track, he thinks that this is far worse than his fear.