You're just . . . perfect.

When Taehyun wakes up, it was to an empty bed and a drowsy sun peeking through the curtains. A little colder than it was when he slept and his heart sinks. But before a frown could settle on his face, the door creaks open and his boyfriend peeks in.

"Hey." Beomgyu calls gently, voice a tad bit deeper than usual as he nears. "Did you sleep well?"

Taehyun stretches his arms, yawning like a kitten. With a pout, "No." He whines, "You weren't here when I woke up."

Beomgyu settles on the space beside him, and Taehyun immediately clings on; arms wrapped around his waist and face buried on his abdomen. Nuzzling just a little, inhaling the scent of his own body wash on Beomgyu's skin.

It feels warmer, smells more homely there.

Carding his fingers through soft, blond locks, he says, "I tried to be quick but . . . Sorry baby."

"Hm?" Taehyun hums inquisitively, sensing the littlest bit of reluctance in his usual confident tone. Sleepy eyes gazing through his lashes as he looks up to Beomgyu's face, who was looking down at him with all the adoration evident.

Because he adores Taehyun. Quite a lot more than he thought in such a short expanse of time.

They've only been dating for around two weeks, yet their feelings are binded so tightly there would never be space for a speck of doubt; so comfortably nestled on each other's presence it's as if they were waiting their whole lives. Taking their time in peeling all the layers, exploring the depths no one else was privileged to dive into.

It's so natural and real. Like a well-oiled engine, they work so well. Unexplainable in a sense that it's magical, an old tale perceived to be the truth. There were no other words needed, no complicated explanation required to try and understand the strength of their bond.

It just is.

"I made us breakfast." Beomgyu says, leaning down to press a kiss on the crown of Taehyun's head. A tinge of pink coloring his cheeks that he quickly brushed off under nonchalance. "Come on, sleepyhead. It'll get cold."

Taehyun has other ideas though.

Before his boyfriend could have a chance to pull him up, he wraps both arms around Beomgyu's neck and pulled him down instead, making them crash back on the soft mattress in a tangle of limbs and giggles. Taehyun looks like the early morning sun underneath him; serene and elegant in its rawest state, his smile beautiful and calming unlike the usual blinding and captivating. It sends Beomgyu a wave of pride knowing it was reserved for their privacy. Reserved for only him to see.

Holding his chin in between a thumb and forefinger, Beomgyu tilts his head up for their lips to meet. Gentle and sweet, like every kiss they've shared since the first; unrushed and patient, like how they decided their relationship to be. Taehyun sighs contentedly against his mouth, melting into the sheets under Beomgyu's warmth; fingers on black strands, teeth on chapped lip, body pressed on a loved one.

They pull away with a smile — forehead to forehead and nose to nose — catching the happiness written in their irises, reflecting their own. Taehyun is so in love.

A loud kissing smack landed on the racer's smiling mouth, Taehyun grinning cheekily when pink colors the apple of his cheeks. "Good morning, pretty."

Beomgyu returns the peck with an equally obnoxious smack, right on his prominent cheekbones. "You're prettier than the morning, lovely."

And then he's diving in for another kiss.

Mornings would never feel the same again.