Chapter 14

That last night together didn't change anything. We barely had time to talk since we were both so busy. When we did talk, there wasn't a whole lot to talk about. I tried asking him about what was wrong back at the hotel, but he kept telling me to forget about it. I eventually gave up, not wanting to make him more annoyed than he's been lately. I was on my way  back from my meeting with my manager, Jessica, or most of us called her Jess. We were discussing ideas for my CD. I was planning on trying to relase it around mid-October, but I didn't see it happening unless I stayed down here longer. Florida was such a nice place for me to work on my music, but I missed home. I got home and grabbed my purse and set of house keys. I walked into a weirdly quiet house. Everyone had gone back to Ohio a couple of days ago. It was just me and Kenzie. I only had tonight and all day tomorrow to hang out with her. I walked upstairs to her room and knocked.

"Come in." I heard her say over her music. She turned the music down and looked up. "Whats up?"

"Bored. We should do something. Since I have to leave tomorrow morning.."

"I guess. Let's go to the boardwalk." we left and turned on a random radio station. It was playing Ratchet.

"So...have you two talked lately?"

"No. I mean we call each other, but there's nothing to talk about. We just sit there on the phone until one of us falls asleep. Other than that, nothing." she nodded, understanding how I felt. Her and Dub  had even less time to talk than me and Kells. We got to the boardwalk and played some games. Kenzie won both of us a prize. We were having fun, the most fun we've had in a while. We got the people at the booths to take pictures of us playing games and with our prizes. I put all the pictures on Instagram.

Finally having some much needed fun with the best friend. <3 @_Kenziee

We went to get some food, and sat down near the beach.

"Waht happened with you two lately?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You and your boyrfriend. You guys are so...distant from each other. You guys look miserable lately, no offense. Y'all are getting no sleep. Well, you're doing better, but what about him? Why does he look worse every picture you see?"

"I don't know. He won't tell me anything...he never wants to talk about anything. I want to go back to Cleveland, believe me, but I'm scared to.." I looked down, "I mean, what if he wants nothing to do with me. I'm scared to find out why he's looked so miserable lately." I got chills when I thought about  that concert when we performed Lead You On, and the fact he was wearing long sleeve shirts in 90 degree weather. Kenzie dropped the subject, sensing my worry. We headed back to the house and I started packing. I had gotten 2 of my 3 bags packed, when my phone rang. I answered to hear Kells and the boys talking, he must’ve butt dialed me.

“Kells, she’s gonna be back tomorrow night. You gotta tell her sometime..”

“What am I supposed to say? I already lied to her once-” he must’ve hung up because that’s all I heard. It made me worry. Should I confront him one last time about if he relapsed? I threw the rest of my clothes in my bag and laid down. I had been sleeping fine the last couple weeks since the concert, but tonight I went back to how I was before. I tossed and turned all night, worried about Kells. I ended up only getting an hour of sleep before my alarm went off at 8. I had a meeting with Jess, a photo shoot, and then I was heading home.

“You seem tired. I told you to get some sleep for today.” Jess nagged when I got in the car.

“I tried. I couldn’t sleep last night. I was worried about something.”