Chapter 30

I woke up in the morning with a really bad headache. I looked around and realized I wasn't on the couch anymore. I rolled over and saw Colson passed out next to me. I smiled at how peaceful he looked, knowing he wouldn't be in the best mood when he woke up. I got up and walked downstairs, grabbing a hoodie on the way down. When I got to the kitchen, Jess was the only one there.

"Where is everyone?" she looked up from whatever she was doing and sighed.

"They went to go get your best friend."

"From where?"

"Jail. She got arrested last night. She was drunk while driving to go 'beat Justin's ass' as she put it." I shook my head.

"How'd she know who it was?"

"She asked Travis to describe the guy, and she knew exactly who he was." I went to the living room when I was done talking to Jess and saw Travis sitting there.

"I'm glad you didn't leave yet. I wanna thank you for last night..."

"It's no problem Skylar. If you ever need anything you can call me." he got up and hugged me. "I gotta go though. See you later." I said bye and sat down where he was when I came in. I grabbed the remote and put MTV on, waiting for everyone to get home. I heard Colson dragging his feet down the stairs and through the house until he made his way to where I was. He looked more annoyed than I had ever seen him when he sat down next to me.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." I hugged him.

"Morning...are you okay?"

"I am now. I just hope I never have to see him again in my life." he nodded and pulled me closer while we watched Guy Code. After about an hour, I heard the door swing open. Kenzie ran in the living room and pulled me off the couch so she could hug me.

"I'm so glad he didn't hurt you. Why the hell didn't you call one of us?!"

"I did. I called Colson. About 5 times." I looked at him with a straight look on my face.

"I-I'm sorry. I knew I should've answered.."

"Woah, wait. So you knew I called you and you probably know that I texted you telling you it was an emergency?!" I stood up, feeling more pissed off than I've ever felt.

"Skylar! I said I'm sorry!"

"How long will it take you to realize 'sorry' just doesn't work sometimes. Colson, I've heard that so many people are sorry for so many fucking things and they NEVER show that they're actually sorry." He stood up and I looked up into his eyes.

"How can I show you I'm sorry? I know I fucked up. I should've answered my phone. I know that. But I can't go back in time and pick up my phone. All I can do is be here for you now." he had tears in his eyes, which I had never see him cry since my accident.

"Forget it Colson. I forgive you..." I hugged him and he held onto me as tightly as he could.

I had just put Colson and Allie down for their nap and the other Colson was upstairs sleeping since he had a headache from being hungover. I decided to go for a walk so I invited my parents to come, since I haven't got a lot of time to talk to them lately.

"So. I know I'm never very...open. But I just needed someone else to talk to. Someone who doesn't tell me what I want to hear." I looked at my mom.

"Is this about last night..? Or.."

"Colson? Yeah..I mean I'd rather wait a little to even think about last night.

"So, what's up with you and Colson?" my dad asked on the other side of me.