Chapter 25

"Colson! You don't understand!" Ash yelled in the other room.

"Damn, what don't I fucking understand?!"

"You can't keep putting us through all of this! More importantly, you can't keep putting yourself through this! Would you take a look at what you finally have? A girl whose been by your side no matter what you've done, that would have made most girls leave. And I know for a fact even if those babies weren't here, she would be. Because she loves you Colson." I looked at everyone who was in the kitchen with me; Rookie, Dre, and Dub. Slim and Ash were the two yelling at him in the living room. I looked up to see all of them looking down, like I had just been.

"I know this Ash. I'm sorry...I just felt so alone. And then seeing her in the hospital..."

"Listen man, you gotta get your shit together, before you lose everything." Slim said. I heard someone get up and walk towards the stairs.

"I'm goin' to bed. Talk to you guys tomorrow.." I got up to go follow him. I walked inside our bedroom and saw him laying down, eyes closed. I laid down next to him, and tried going to sleep. I tossed and turned all night, not feeling right. Or comfortable. I got up and went down to the studio. I walked in and turned the light on. I missed recording so much. I actually missed touring too. I sat down on my spot on the couch, I always sat here when I wrote. I started writing and I must've fell asleep sometime.I woke up later hearing Colson upstairs.

"Sky?! Where are you?" he sounded worried. I ran upstairs to see what was going on. I ran into him when I walked in the living room.

"Colson, whats wrong?" I looked up to see he looked like he was scared.

"Damn girl, don't fucking scare me like that. I woke up and you weren't there."

"I'm here, and I'm not leaving anytime soon." I hugged him, as tight as I could.

"Can we go for a walk? We really need to talk, right now."

"Uh, sure." We put our shoes on and started walking down the street.

"So...where to start?"

"I'll start. I have a lot to apologize for... First. I'm honestly, truly, sorry I cheated on you the night of the party. I was drunk and wasn't thinking straight. I was acting like a dumbass that night."

"Well, after what's happened, I've forgiven you. Not completely, and not for everything, but I can't be mad forever. I'm lucky to still be here with you. Lucky to be alive. I can't hold that against you forever right now."

"Yeah. I'm so fucking sorry I caused you to drive off drunk and get in that horrible accident. I will never forgive myself. I feel like the whole accident was my fault."

"Colson...I have a question..." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"What?" we had ended up in the park and were laying on the picnic table.

"Why...did you run off? You left for so long. They tried explaining all these different things in the hospital and I just didn't wanna listen. I needed you, and you left. Why?"

"Skylar. You know I love you right?" I nodded. "I didn't wanna see the person I'm in love with, in so much pain. I'm sorry I couldn't be there for you. It must've been hard. It was definitely hard for me.."

"Well it definitely wasn't easy..." I said, sitting up.

"Will you ever forgive me?"

"Eventually Colson. But I have a lot that I have to think about still.."

"I understand."

"Well, can we go back now? I'm tired." he nodded, and we walked back absolutely silent. I laid down the second we got back. I was exhausted, but I couldn't fall asleep no matter how long I laid there.