Chapter 34

"Well, that went better than I expected with how things have been going lately." Jess said from the drivers seat. I was in the back, thinking about how pissed Colson might be.

"Yeah...Ellen's cool. I wouldn't mind going back eventually.." she could tell I was distracted.

"Listen, he knows you're gonna have stuff to do other than shows on this tour. I'm sorry to say this, but he's gonna have to deal with it. If he really wants you, he has to get used to this and you have to get used to his life."

"I know. But he probably doesn't even want to talk to me right now."

"Well we're home. Might as well go try." I sighed and got out of the car. I walked straight up to the room we were staying in. I opened the door slowly, and peeked in. He was sitting on the bed watching TV.

"You're allowed in here Sky." he laughed a little. I opened the door and walked over to the bed. I sat on the edge and he must've noticed how weird I was acting.

"We need to talk." I didn't like hearing those words, even though he was right.

"Where should we start?" I looked at him.

"So, I talked to your mom while you were gone, and I was thinking about some things."

"Like?"

"Well, she pointed something out. We need to stay strong for each other and now we have two kids too, so we have to be there for them." I nodded, I didn't really understand where this was coming from though.

"Colson, I totally agree. But there's something bothering me..." he nodded, letting me continue. "Why'd you turn your phone off? Were you ignoring, or avoiding me?"

"No, not at all. I was just confused and I really needed to think. About everything..." I didn't know what 'everything' meant, but I let it go for now. "I'm sorry..." I looked up at him, confused.

"For what?"

"Turning my phone off and not talking to you. You probably needed me and I was being an ass." He looked down at me.

"I understand. If I wasn't so busy, I probably would've done the same thing. I just need a huge break. I need to go home...soon."

"You'll be home next week. Only a few more shows." I smiled up at him.

"I know. I can't wait to go home and just relax." he nodded, understanding how I felt.

"I have an idea! Let's go to Coney Island! We can do what we want since you're done with you're tour, and we leave tomorrow morning." I sighed and looked at Kenzie.

"Fine. Let's go." She ran out of the door, ahead of me. I really just wanted to sleep until we left tomorrow. I missed our house, and my kids.

We were walking around after we went on a couple of rides, and we had just eaten. She cleared her throat before saying something.

"You seem...different." I looked at her.

"What do you mean?"

"You just don't seem happy anymore."

"I just want to go home. I miss my kids."

"It's something else. I can tell." I sighed as we sat down. "It's Colson, isn't it?"

"Yeah.." I said quietly.

"What's wrong? I thought you guys were fine."

"We are...it's just after L.A., things feel different with us."