ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
road trip to hell

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE MOST IMPORTANT college football game of the year was something (F/N) never wanted to experience

     THE MOST IMPORTANT college football game of the year was something (F/N) never wanted to experience. In fact, she knew she would not enjoy the trip that her friends suggested they go on as soon as it was suggested to her two days ago.

But the boys in the group were excited and one of her best friends Carly could be moving far away soon and it made her heart ache, so she reluctantly accepted. It also helped that her best friend Nick was joining after being locked in jail for so long.

Currently, it was the day before the fantastic sounding game, and (F/N) and her friends Carly and Paige were sitting outside a restaurant waiting for their other friends to get there so they could leave for the long drive. Although they were talking a while so they offered food.

"Did you find anything good yet Paige?" (F/N) looked at the girl next to her who was browsing a newspaper on the table, flipping casually through advertisements as she stopped on her drink.

"There's a place in Tribeca for $3,000." Paige read off. They were talking about Carly and her future living situation. Having recently gotten an internship that required her to move, they wanted to help by making it easier to find somewhere to stay.

Stealing a fry from Carly's plate and ignoring her friends mock offended expression, (F/N) nodded along to her friend's words. "That could work right?"

"No—That's still too expensive, all the money I saved up won't even cover two months' rent. I'm gonna have to work every single second I'm not in class till graduation." Carly shut the idea down quickly, picking up her drink to take a sip.

"Carly don't even think about not going." Paige gave the girl a playful glare even though she was serious.

"I'm not." Carly defended, "But—"

"You know how proud I am of you." Paige took a peek over at (F/N) who was looking behind them to try and spot their three missing friends, "How proud we are."

"It's just an internship." (F/N) let out a 'pfft' as she laughed at Carly being humble. It was not just an internship to them.

"At Instyle magazine!" Paige smiled excitedly and leaned forward as she inquired, "Or would you rather stay at the Waffle House as a waitress forever?"