THIRTY SIX

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭 :
PERMANENCE

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

THE SINCLAIR'S HAD been clingy again. All of the freedoms she had been given for good behavior had been stripped away.

     If she had thought life was hard when she was allowed to walk to the kitchen without a brother glued to her side, imagine what it was like with one everywhere.

     The first few nights her door was locked, but one night it wasn't. The first night it wasn't, (F/N) snuck out, making her way through the eerily quiet house and to the front door. She opened the door and walked into the warm breeze. She closed it behind her and made her way further.

     "You trynna run?" Bo's voice suddenly came from behind her, "Again? You wanna be tied up that badly?"

     (F/N) turned around slowly, her face stoic as she spotted the man sitting in his chair with crossed arms. Was he always out there? Tonight, he didn't even have a beer.

     A wave of disappointment struck her.

     Slowly, and wordlessly, she took a seat on the porch, staring off to the road in front of them. It was empty, no one on it. No sign of life. No one to help her. She was stuck. Stuck in Ambrose. Stuck with the Sinclair's. Stuck. Stuck. Stuck. The word echoed through her mind like a tease.

     (F/N) moved her knees closer to her and hurried her face inside of them, allowing her sobs to fall free from her eyes. She had no reason to care now.

     "What's wrong with you?" Bo asked, his foot reaching out a nudging her pretty aggressively.

     (F/N) didn't answer, instead leaning back into the wood. She didn't want to be in Ambrose. She didn't want to be stuck there. She didn't want to be awake. She just wanted to sleep. So, she did.

     (F/N) moped for a few days after she was let go from her restraints, each was heavily criticized by Bo. But that didn't matter. Her attitude changed towards the boys. She was kinder, and more understanding.

     Slowly, she was given her liberties back. Now that it was determined she wouldn't run, she was allowed to walk around without constant monitoring. Eventually, years passed.

     To the Sinclair's amazement, (F/N) only tried to escape a few more times throughout her life, but each was committed with little effort, and each failed. After the fourth failure, she truly accepted that she was stuck for good. She never tried again to leave.

     Stockholm syndrome did settle in, although it took a year for it to fully develop. She did end up giving in to the boy's wishes and giving them the love they had desired so badly.

     (F/N) was now a permanent citizen of Ambrose, stuck there till she died. And it all started with a road trip aiming to see a college football game gone wrong.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

This is the final chapter!
I would've liked it to be more
fleshed out, but every time I
tried to write it, but it just felt wrong.

For those who have been
here from the beginning
and continued to read even
despite my HUGE breaks
between updating, thank
you so much.

Posted: December 22, 2023
Words: 544
Edited: ✘︎