TWENTY TWO

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤 :
jeepers creepers

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THAT NIGHT, SHE accidentally left her door unlocked, too tired to remember

THAT NIGHT, SHE accidentally left her door unlocked, too tired to remember. Vincent was the only one to learn this, as by pure luck he picked the right day to try and open the would-be barricade.

     The doorknob twisted open, and his mouth dropped in shock behind his mask, but he didn't make any noise. Instead, he checked the hallway to make sure neither of his brothers was near before opening the door and sneaking in.

     Vincent found the girl to be resting, assumed by the small rise and fall of her chest and the peaceful expression on her face that was left undisturbed by his impulsive entrance. He slowly closed the door behind him, to not alert either of his siblings if they awoke and found her door open.

     He found himself walking forward with the girl in his eyes, like a moth to a flame. His steps were quiet as he didn't wish to disturb her pleasant sleep. Vincent stopped right by the bedside table, peering down at the girl who was sleeping on her side facing him. Subconsciously, his hand drifted downwards to touch her. His rough fingers met with her forehead, where he pushed some of the stray strands of hair that had fallen onto it.

     Then he had a clear view of her face. A calm expression he had never seen on her face was on it, and it brought him to ease. But also, too distraught. He continued to brush the strands of hair as he thought about the girl in his hands. She didn't trust them yet, obviously and he knew that her leaving her door unlocked must have been an accident.

     Vincent let out a deep sigh as he let his fingers slide across her soft cheek. She was a work of art. One he could never make pure justice of even if he tried to sculpt it a million times. He stared down at her, lost in a trance.

     Suddenly he heard a creak in the corridor and drew his hand back. Vincent stepped away for her and hid beside the side of the door that would cover off the door opened in case. He knew if Bo opened the site and found him in there he would be upset.

     When no one entered he knew it was time for him to leave. He frowned and gave her one last look before shutting the door behind him and sneaking back to his room.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎