FIVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚 :
uncomfortable car ride

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     (F/N) WAS SMUSHED between the stranger and her friends in the front of the truck

     (F/N) WAS SMUSHED between the stranger and her friends in the front of the truck. Carly was practically sitting on Wade's lap to make room, but it wasn't like she wouldn't be even if they weren't stuck together like a pack of sardines. (F/N) could tell that her friend was uncomfortable, so she offered to take the middle seat in the truck next to the kind stranger.

Speaking of the truck, it stunk. Horribly. It was understandable because of the man's strange occupation but it was...uninviting, to say the least.

Awkward glances were given around the truck between the friends as they all dared the others to speak. The rumble of the engine was the only thing that was heard besides the occasional click of the meat/bone ornaments behind (F/N)'s head.

The girl felt a strong gaze on her and looked to the left, seeing the stranger staring. His expression slowly turned into a lopsided smile. After politely returning it the girl quickly looked away towards Carly. The brunette was already staring at (F/N) with an uncomfortable look on her face.

Carly turned away and faced her boyfriend, asking, "Can you roll the window down please?" (F/N) could only nod along with the question, the smell was horrible but it surprisingly didn't bother her that much.

"Yeah." Wade attempted to jiggle something on the car door, then another but neither moved the window in the slightest.

"Sorry 'bout that. Truck's seen better days." The man joked once he noticed his struggle.

"Uhm..." Wade began, "Do you mind rolling down your window then?"

"Not at all." The man did so. Fresh air filled the car and helped a little but the smell still stayed strong.

"Sorry. I kinda get used to the smell." He apologized, giving the trio an apologetic grin.

"Really? I don't think I could ever get used to it." Carly responded, letting out a deep breath.

"Well, you can get used to anything as long as you're around it long enough." The man pointed out. "Now if you get them in the early morning before the sun bakes them up they're not that bad. If they're fresh though I just take them home. Why waste the meat?"

(F/N) felt Carly tense and spoke up to get the man's attention off of her, "Do you know how long we have left?"

"It's just up the road. Yep. Ambrose used to be a pretty nice town—" The man lifted his arm and the girl's attention drifted lower. Down on his belt, there was a large blade sticking out of its leather case. But the man didn't mind the blade, comfortably resting with it as he continued, "before the interstate came in."