TWENTY ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
nonhelpful hand

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     IT WAS ALMOST painful to watch him stagger down the long road to the gas station

IT WAS ALMOST painful to watch him stagger down the long road to the gas station. Almost being the important word. A part of her enjoyed watching him struggle, while the other part was just done with the situation completely.

     He hadn't asked for any aid and wouldn't anytime soon. He was much too stubborn for that she figured. She sighed, I wish he would just get over his pride and ask already.

     "Could you just ask for help already?" (F/N) crossed her arms as she watched him regain his balance with some struggle.

     "No!" Bo denied, "I don't need your help. I've got it." He defended although he clutched his chest where the wound was and closed his eyes for a few steps. This made him almost trip, only stabilizing once (F/N) caught him.

     The girl gripped his arm tightly, making sure he caught his footing. She spoke without thinking, "Would you stop being so damn stubborn?"

     Bo turned to her with a glare.

     She raised her hands, "Hey—I'm just trying to help."

     "You're annoying." Bo huffed, turning around and gazing at the floor. He was now watching out for any small pebbles that would cause him to trip.

     "Thank you." (F/N) smiled, "Now, do you want to be reasonable and let me help you, or do you want to trip down the road and worsen your already bleeding wounds?"

     Bo took a second to stare at the floor, contemplating. He groaned and stuck out his arm. When she didn't take it immediately, he rolled his eyes and stuck it out further, "Well? Hurry up I ain't got all day!"

     "What's the rush, you ain't got a customer waiting." (F/N) took his arm and began to help him down the slanted road slowly.

     "You don't know that." Bo hissed as her grip tightened on his arm, her nails dug into his skin for only a second until he made the reaction, "Hey!"

     "Oops—That was a reflex." She shrugged.

     "A reflex? To what?!" He asked as if it were the most ridiculous thing in the world.

     "I dunno."

     "You don't know why you dug your nails into my arm?"