Welcome home

It had been a few days since Grace went to Lockwoods house

It had been a few days since Grace went to Lockwoods house. She still didn't want to join them, but Flo wanted her to. She was kind of forcing her to as well. Flo threatened to throw her into the Thames if she didn't at least give it a chance. Flo's high hopes that Lockwood would be a good fit for her were not helpful. The pair were currently eating their jam and toast. Flo was sipping her coffee.

"Why don't you want to live with them?" Flo asked. Grace sank in the seat staring up at the molding tiles.

"It's not that. The house is very nostalgic, it's just I don't think I will be able to work with a team again," She complained. Flo kicked Grace's shin with her boots.

"Sit up," She set down the coffee cup. "I am telling you Lockwood's skilled at what he does. You all will be fine." Flo tried to console the girl. Grace pushed herself up setting her arms on the table.

"How do you know him again?" Grace asked stirring her tea once more. The small tendrils of heat dissapearing into the air.

"I have known him since he was a young one," Flo laughed. "Kinda like you, except I have known you since you were younger." She winked at Grace. She pushed the cup of tea towards the middle of the table grabbing the piece of toast off of Flo's plate.

"You little—," She angrily laughed.

"Gotta go to a job," Grace smiled wiping the small bit of jelly off her lip as she left the little diner. Her bag was stashed in the alleyway nearby. The job wasn't too far. It was on one of the docks surprisingly. Usually, there weren't many visitors down this way since the water, but since the boat house was on the land. It was fair game. Grace slowed when she saw the familiar two boys walk up to the doors.

"Are you kidding?" She sighed. they both turned around.

"Grace," Lockwood smiled noticing her.

"Oh, Grace," George was less enthused. Grace shook her head walking past him.

"What type of Lurker or Wraiths?" Grace asked the two of them.

"Lurkers," George explained. "There are wraiths here?" He looked back at Lockwood.

"I was told Lurkers with the information I was given," He defended. Grace sighed pushing the doors open.

"Well, this is going to be fun." She muttered dropping her bag on the ground.

"How about we work together this time, split the wages?" Lockwood offered.

"Like we are a team?" George asked giving Lockwood a disgusted expression. Grace gave a breathy laugh turning away from the boys. She reached out letting her hand touch a chair that was placed in the corner. An odd spot for a chair in a boat house. "Why are you looking at a chair? It's a chair," George said appearing next to her. She smiled at him.

What was his deal? I was just minding my own business.

"Are you getting anything?" Lockwood asked from across the room.