Type Three

DEPRAC had swarmed the house

DEPRAC had swarmed the house. The group was seated in the living room while they sprayed the house with salt and took the body away.

"It's a Mughal dagger. Indian sixteenth century," George explained handing the bag back to Barnes. The dagger from Carvers' back was concealed inside. Barnes looked unpleased. "They usually come in pairs. So, if we find the other one, we find who killed Carver."

"No," Barnes shook his head. Grace scoffed moving back towards the window. "You've had your shot. You made yourselves too conspicuous." She pulled back the curtains looking at all the DEPRAC vans. "Bickerstaff's mirror, the bone glass, it's all Fittes' business now."

"You can't be serious," Lockwood scoffed.

"But they'll screw it up," George argued. Grace left the window returning to her spot behind Lucy's chair. "It'll get into the wrong hands."

"It's not your problem anymore," Barnes shook his head. "I mean, look around. You've got no safeguards, no supervision. And I don't have the time or resources to protect you."

That was rather sweet even though he's being a dick right now.

"Look inspector, I know you don't like us-"

"I never said-" Barnes tried to defend himself.

"Or our methods and that's fine. But they work. We found Annabel Ward's murderer. No one else knows that, but you do. Come on, we're good. Now, I'm begging you, just give us this chance to find the mirror." Lockwood gave his speech. Barnes turned towards the girls.

"What about you two? You both have been rather quiet," He insisted. Lucy looked over her shoulder at Grace. The two girls stare at one another for a decision.

"I think we should finish the job," Lucy said turning back to Barnes.

"We're a better place than anyone else," I added. "It's our choice and we already know the risks."

"You should let us," Lucy finished.

"Fine," He sighed. "But I'm not asking, I'm telling you, be smart. You're dealing with real-life criminals here. Flesh and blood. So you stick to the psychical side. Locate the bone glass and leave the rest to DEPRAC." Barnes made sure to stare down at each of the kids.

"Sir? Critical incident in Kilburn," Wade said appearing in the entry hall. He nodded moving after her but paused.

"Don't let this be the last time I see you four alive. Grace," He nodded towards the door. She looked over to George and he slid to the edge of his seat as well.

Well, this can't be good.

She followed him outside. To one of the DEPRAC vans. Wade went in a separate direction towards one of the cars. Grace stayed several feet away from Barnes. She was afraid he might try and kidnap her, although she didn't know why he would try now.