Don't Split Up

The four of them walked through the woods trying not to get hit in the face by the branches

The four of them walked through the woods trying not to get hit in the face by the branches. They finally broke through the trees and saw the building looming above them. Lockwood shoved open the gate for Grace and the others to come through.

"How do you think the skull knew Bickerstaff?" Lockwood asked.

"He said he was his acolyte. Calls him master," Lucy mumbled as she shone the light across the overgrown home.

"Accomplice to an occultist doctor. Bodes well." George added looking back towards the gate. Lockwood gave Grace a small smile before using his elbow to break the glass on the door. He reached inside and unlocked it. They all walked in shining their lights over the bushes and vines that grew across the walls. Grace was behind Lucy as she moved for the stairs.

"Wait," She announced stopping immediately. Grace slid to the side trying not to run into Lucy since she stopped suddenly in front of her. "Hang on. What is it?" Lucy asked. She looked over to Grace who was moving forward a little. Lucy looked to Lockwood and George.

"Lucy?" Grace asked. She was unnerved that Lucy was looking at the two and not speaking.

"Why?" She asked. George and Lockwood looked at one another confused.

"Lucy?" Lockwood asked.

"Wait," She whispered.

"Lucy, what is it saying?" Grace asked moving closer to the girl.

"You can't just blank us," Lockwood insisted. The group stood there unsure of what was happening. Lucy turned to face Grace suddenly.

"You need to wait here. I'm going in," Lucy explained dropping her kit bag on the floor.

"Lucy, no." George shook his head.

"That's not going to work," Grace added grabbing the girl's arm.

"You have to trust me. If we're not back in fifteen minutes, then you can come in. You said I get to decide. So I am in charge," Lucy demanded giving each of them a long stare. "This is my decision." She stared at Grace before going forward. Lucy walked a few feet away, but Grace couldn't let her go alone not with the type three whispering to her the whole way.

"Yeah, well I have trust issues," Grace muttered following after Lucy.

"Grace," Lockwood hissed as she walked away from him.

"No, what are you doing?" Lucy stopped her. Grace shrugged pushing past her.

"Better hurry, wouldn't want to waste our fifteen minutes," Grace smirked. Lucy groaned loudly as they walked further into the home together. They walked into a hall, leaves, and pieces of decaying wall scattered the floor.

"Surprisingly this is less creepy than I thought," Grace muttered. She spun around shining her light around the room just in case.

"Hmm. Very cosy," Lucy muttered. Grace moved farther into the room looking down another hall. "No," Lucy said sternly.