Mirror

"Sorry," Grace breathed as she gripped the railing

"Sorry," Grace breathed as she gripped the railing. She didn't feel like being yelled at again especially since her head felt like it might explode.

"No, Grace, wait," Lockwood rushed after her. "Are you hurt?" Grace moved into the kitchen.

"Just a bit," She got a cup of water. Grace felt incredibly guilty especially after Lockwood snapped at her.

George could have died because I didn't watch him closely. And Lucy also was having some issues of her own.

"Grace, please look at me," Lockwood muttered. Grace stared at him in the reflection of the window. He looked like a wounded puppy. Grace set the glass of water on the counter and turned around.

"I don't know what else to say," Grace crossed her arms over her chest. She just wanted to go lay down. It took enough energy to keep herself up.

"No, that's not-," Lockwood sighed as he closed his eyes. Grace watched his jaw clench as he stepped forward. "What I said earlier, just forget about it." Grace chewed the inside of her lip giving him a small nod. "It wasn't right. I know it's hard trying to keep track of George and now Lucy. You shouldn't have to always look out for both of them." He gently touched her wrists unfolding her arms.

"I still could've done better," Grace whispered. She blamed the brain injury on how emotional she felt. Lockwood gently touched her hand, letting her be the one to take it.

"No, you saved him. You were perfect," He smiled at her. "I'm the one lacking in responsibility." Grace watched Lockwood's eyes. She could tell he was fighting his emotions as well.

"You're already a suicidal maniac," Grace smiled a little. She glanced down at their hands. "So, let's just share the responsibility."

"We're great parents," He laughed. Grace smiled as well looking down at the ground. "Now," He lifted her head up glancing at the cut on her head. "Why didn't you say anything about this?" Lockwood leaned closer to her.

"Um, it's fine," She deflected as always. Lockwood blinked a few times at her until she sighed. "When the Type Two was released," She caved. Lockwood nodded a bit, he was focused on her wound. He was no doctor, but he could tell if she needed better medical attention. Grace studied the way his eyes moved around her face searching for any other wounds, the way his hand was gentle around the injury as he inspected it.

"You definitely have a concussion." Grace laughed at his conclusion.

"Thanks, Doc," She mocked and he leaned back a bit.

"Funny, but I know where the first aid kit is," He joked. Grace laughed and then grimaced.

"Jerk," She breathed.

"Sorry," He winced. Grace leaned forward a bit closing the distance between her and Lockwood. She wrapped her arms around his neck. Lockwood instinctively let his hands fall to her waist.