Formal Attire

"These are ancient depictions of spirits being tied to their sources

"These are ancient depictions of spirits being tied to their sources. Bickerstaff must have come across these illustrations and tested that theory," George smiled watching as the other three walked around his room looking at the illustrations he had taped up. "That's why his basement was such a horror show."

"He was murdering his own patients to make sources?" Lockwood asked glancing back at George. He stepped up next to Grace looking at the paper.

"No, that would be too hit-and-miss. If you kill someone their body isn't necessarily gonna become a source. Unless you make sure of it," George sighed.

"So he was taking parts to them whilst they were still alive," Lucy shook her head glancing around the room.

"Who the hell thinks of that?" Grace rubbed her forehead.

"Inflicting so much trauma that their ghosts were forever tied to their bones," George grabbed a paper off the side table showing Grace. "And look seven ghosts."

"Oh, it's like Carver said," Lockwood looked over Grace's shoulder leaning on her a bit. Grace smirked as they all stared down at the drawing of seven ghosts put in a circular style.

"This my friends is a recipe for a bone glass," George smirked tapping the paper. "Do you think the skull would know what kind of language these are in?" George asked suddenly.

"Uh, we're not really on talking terms right now," She mumbled moving to sit down on his bed. Grace noticed that she still held the envelope in her hand.

"Sounds like you're besties," Grace joked, but Lucy just shook her head.

"Joplin would know!" George announced.

Oh, yes, Joplin. What a lovely woman she is. She seriously gives me uncomfortable lonely woman vibes.

"We can't let her in on this," Lockwood shook his head. Grace was glad at least someone kind of agreed with her.

"No, we can trust her. I got to know her a bit better at the archives yesterday. We had dinner," George explained nodding excessively.

"You had dinner with Joplin?" Lucy laughed a little as her eyes moved to Grace. The two girls just gave each other odd looks.

"In her flat, leftovers," George explained. "And she was very nice." Grace nodded slowly giving Lockwood a disturbed face. He just closed his eyes and sighed. "And there's something else. Mary Dulac wrote a book."

"What, that crazy lady? It's just gonna be mad ramblings." Lockwood added crossing his arms.

"No, it's just her confessions, which could be the key to all of this. But hardly any were printed. The only copy I could find is in the Black Library at Fittes," George shrugged. Grace and Lucy smirked a little bit. She moved to sit beside her on the bed.