First Job

Grace was still wary of Lucy, but they had gotten along the past few days

Grace was still wary of Lucy, but they had gotten along the past few days. They got a job across town. George went to the library to do some research on the property. 62 Sheen Road. George was to come to the home at 6 o'clock so they could start the investigation while the other three got to the property and got everything set up.

"Did we really have to learn the letter system?" Grace asked. They have been in the car for a few minutes already travelling to the house.

"So that we can communicate with as few words as possible," Lockwood explained.

"Do you even know the plans?" Grace asked smirking at him. Lockwood stared at her blinking a few times.

"Of course I do. I came up with them, didn't I?" He smiled looking out the window. Grace scoffed. Lucy just smiled looking at her.

"Did you not learn them?" Lucy whispered. Grace shook her head slightly. Grace has been slightly out of it lately. She has been getting to know Lucy and trying to learn everything that Lockwood threw at her. She is still trying to get used to being a part of a team and doing things together. The cab stopped across the street. Grace could see the two-story house tucked back behind some trees.

"Alright, I am going to test you both on the plans in random order. It's vital we communicate quickly and clearly." Lockwood announced as they walked across the street together.

"Great start, took you about thirty words to just explain that," Lucy added making Grace snicker.

"Let's not be facetious Lucy and Grace don't encourage it," Lockwood sighed. "We really don't have time. What's plan c?"

"Whoever isn't in combat makes a defensive circle. Plane E we both fight the visitor while Grace deals with the source. Plan D is the opposite. Plan B is salt bombs. Plan A is lavender water and Plan F is Greek fire, which should only ever be used indoors under controlled circumstances." Lucy explained like she was reading it out of a textbook. Grace just stared at the girl with a disgusted expression.

Where did she come from? A factory of something?

"Grace, did you get any of that?" Lockwood asked giving the blonde a humorous look.

"I deal with the source, while you two engage the visitor. Sounds like a great plan," Grace smiled walking ahead of the two. Grace stood at the door pressing her face near the glass. She was pulled back by Lockwood.

"Are you sure this is the right address?" Lucy asked.

"62 Sheen Road. Mrs. Hope." He confirmed. Grace felt uneasy. This was the first case she had been on with Lucy. A listener for over a year now. She didn't know what would happen. Lockwood rang the doorbell. "Quarter to six on the dot." The three leaned forward looking through the opaque windows and seeing movement. "Ah, here she is," Lockwood said adjusting his tie. Grace rolled her eyes.