(1) His Family

A/N

From this point forward, this will be my own storyline for this book. It will not follow the plot of the Lockwood & Co. books, so don't expect it to be the same. Thanks! :)

Lockwood was the first to enter the room

Lockwood was the first to enter the room. Grace slowly moved behind him. The room was dark, the curtains were drawn and it seemed boxes were everywhere. Lucy and George walked in as well, the three of them standing around uncomfortably as Lockwood stared at the floor.

"Lockwood?" Grace muttered as she reached for his hand. She could tell he was staring at a death glow, but she wasn't sure whose.

"Where should I start?" He whispered. Grace wasn't sure if he was actually asking for her opinion or asking himself.

"You don't have to tell us anything if you don't want to," She offered. He gave her hand a light squeeze as he sighed.

"Opening the door was progress enough, we can just take this a few steps at a time," George nodded. Some of the boxes had other labels in other languages on them.

"No, I'm already in here," He let go of Grace's hand opening the curtains and exposing the dusty room. "This was my parents' office. They stored all the artefacts they collected during their trips."

"They travelled?" Lucy asked. Grace turned around looking at the two. She was trying to decide if they should ask questions or kind of just let him have his own flow. She didn't want to push him, especially since she wouldn't want someone pushing her about her past.

"Yeah, they travelled around collecting artefacts for research," Lockwood put his hands on one of the crates. "After they died I didn't want to come in here. Not even when," He looked at the floor once more. "Not even when my sister asked me to." Grace wasn't the best at comforting people, so she didn't know what to do. Whether he wanted space or she should go to him. She decided to stay near George and Lucy as he continued to explain.

"What was your sister's name?" Grace asked.

"Jessica," Lockwood smiled a bit as he looked up at her. "Her name was Jessica. She was a wonderful sister, although if I gave her attitude she wouldn't hesitate to put me in my place." The three watched as Lockwood reminisced about his family.

"How did she-" Grace slapped her hand over George's mouth so fast. Although it wasn't as hard as it sounded she didn't want to leave a mark on his face.

"Like I said after my parents died. I wouldn't come into the room. So when Jessica decided one day that she was going to go through the boxes," He faced the whole room staring at all the boxes still. "Try and clear some of this out. She uh, dropped a pot or something that held a ghost, and yeah." He looked back down at the ground. Grace closed her eyes for a moment focusing on her abilities. When she opened her eyes she could see a faint death glow. Jessica. 

"I heard the crash and came upstairs to help her, but I was too late," He blinked several times before clearing his throat. Grace saw the species of a broken vase near the wall.