Where's George

After stumbling out of the river onto the bank

After stumbling out of the river onto the bank. Grace and Lucy flopped down just trying to catch their breaths. Grace felt like she had died and then been revived by the temperature of the water. Lucy was pissed off and Lockwood had mixed emotions about the situation. Lucy started to get up first. Her boots slid on the rocks, but she began walking off. Lockwood sighed and stood up, he offered Grace a hand. She didn't take it as she pushed herself up. She hated how her cold dress stuck to her legs.

"Grace," Lockwood muttered, but she just walked away from him leaving him on the bank. Lucy had gotten a cab and was waiting for the other two to get in. The ride back to Portland Row was silent. Grace and Lucy got out not saying a word as they walked to the house. Lockwood followed behind them.

"We won. It's over," Lockwood muttered. He just wanted at least one of them to acknowledge him.

"No Lockwood!" Lucy snapped. She had spun around so fast it took Grace by surprise. It was quite windy out and Grace didn't have sleeves so she was freezing. "We almost drowned! After we almost got murdered by psychopaths!" Lockwood watched as Grace and Lucy both left him out on the street. "God, I can't believe him." Lucy slammed the door shut.

"I just want this to be over, so I still have a job," Grace shivered as she rushed up the stairs to take a bath in the bigger bathroom. The girls split off as Lucy went to the bathroom in their room.

Grace didn't know exactly what to think. She was glad they were all still alive. She was glad the bone glass was with DEPRAC. She was glad they still had jobs. The only thing she didn't like was the fact that Lockwood never learns from his mistakes. 

Grace got out and wrapped the towel around herself as she trained the water. Lockwood was purposefully hovering in his doorway waiting for her to come out of the bathroom so he could "coincidentally" run into her on his way to the kitchen. She stepped out of the bathroom and paused seeing Lockwood in his doorway.

"Hi," He spoke softly. Grace couldn't pick through her emotions fast enough to decide if she was enraged, happy, or exhausted right now. She broke eye contact with him as she moved around the railing and up the stairs. Lockwood watched her disappear from his sight. He ran his hands through his hair unsure of how to remedy the situation.

Grace didn't have the energy to go down the stairs and get some food. So instead she stood looking out the small window in their room. Grace had always found something peaceful about the night sky. The lights are the only thing bringing light to the world. She could go anywhere or do anything if she wanted. Her thoughts were interrupted when a knock was heard on the attic door.

"Can I come up?" Lockwood called.

"You're already here," Grace spoke. Although her voice was very quiet. Lockwood came up the stairs with a small tray of food and tea for her. She hadn't come downstairs so he thought he would bring something to her. Maybe as a peace offering. He set the tray down on her bed.