29

JAMES POV

TW: DEATH

Regulus walked up here and went over to his suitcase. "Whatcha looking for?" "Just looking for a book to read." He picked up a book and came and sat next to me. "What's this then?" "It's a muggle fantasy, Lily got it for me when we were twelve. I, surprisingly, haven't read it yet." "Well, have fun reading your shitty book, im going to get up and doo cool things." "Oh no you don't." I tried getting up but he just pulled me back. "You're going to stay with me whether you like it or not." "Not." "Ouch, I thought you loved me." "I hate reading." "Okay, well, you James Potter are absurd." "Sure I am Posh Boy." He wacked me on the arm and I lay down next to him.

TIME SKIP, REG FELL ASLEEP AND JAMES WENT DOWNSTAIRS.

Me and Sirius were sitting down on the couch playing wizard chess against Remus. Remus was, obviously, winning. "And checkmate, you owe me thirty galleons. Each." "Bloody hell Moons, how'd you always win?" Well Sirius, I-" Just as he was about to say, a letter came down the chimney with Sirius' name on it. Sirius got up and went to get it. He opened it and smiled. "Whose it from Pads?" "Its from Bella." "And why are you so happy about a letter from your cousin that you haven't spoken too in years?" "Oh no reason." He came and sat down next to me. "There was an attack at Grimmauld Place last night. Only kreacher made it out alive." "That means," "Yes Jamesy-boy. My parents are dead." "That's not something people are usually happy about." "That's why im not 'usual' am I?" "I guess not." "Oh, Pete is coming round today. He said around noon." "I'm going to go upstairs and have a shower. Call me down when Pete gets here." "See you soon James." I went upstairs and Left the two alone.

As I was walking past my room I saw Regulus sitting on the ground holding a piece of paper. "Hey, what's wrong Reg?" He didn't respond. I went in the room and sat next to him. "Hey, what's up." Still nothing. I put my arm around him and looked at the piece of paper he was holding. It was different then Sirius', it had addresses, names and a signature. I forgot how different the relationships between him and his parents were then Sirius. A tear rolled down his cheek. "Its okay Reg, I'm here for you okay. We can just sit here for a while, m'kay." Still no response. He just squeezed my hand and rested his head on my shoulder.

We ended up falling asleep. I woke up first and took the letter from the floor and read it.

Dear Regulus Arcturus Black,

I am writing to inform you that Mistress Walburga Black and Sir Orion Black were shot dead at 02:56am 23 December 1976.There will be a funeral at Malfoy Manner on 29 December at 19:50. Please aim to be there by 19:30. Do not be late. Please meet up with Narcissa, Bellatrix, Andromeda and Sirius Black for the reading of the will on the 27 December. You will now be incharge of Kreacher. He is your sole responability. He now works for you and you only. Thankyou for your fovever service of the nobel house of black,

Sincirely, Bellatrix Black.

There was a neat signature at the bottom of it from Bellatrix and tear marks dotted all over the piece of paper. Regulus was starting to wake up and looked at me. ""You okay?" Dang it James, that's not what you ask somebody when their parents have just died. "As good as I can be right now." "So still pretty bad then." "How did Sirius react?" "Smiled, kinda, uhm, kinda jumped up and down a bit." "Hm, figured." "You wanna speak to im?" "No, cant be bothered to fight with him today." "Why'd you fight?" "Well, I mean. I feel bad and upset cause of it. And hes there jumping for joy. I get they were shitty, more then shitty even, they were disgusting to us. Heck, they Imperio on me to make me get the mark, witch is unforgivable action. But, and I know this is crazy, they're still my parents whether I like it or not. And I still loved them. I hated them don't get me wrong for everything they've done but, its hard not to be upset. They weren't always that bad. It only started once Sir went to Hogwarts. They were blood supremacists but they still had a heart. For a while." (THIS IS NOT IN ANY WAY DEFENDING THEM, IT IS JUST SHOWING THE STRUGGLES REGULUS HAS TO GO THROUGH AND WHY HE STILL FEELS UPSET ABOUT HIS PARENTS.) "Don't worry, you feel about it how you feel. I wont hold anything against you." "Thanks James, you being here really helps me. I really appreciate it." "Don't worry about it love. I'm here for you when you need me, okay?" "Okay. Thank you James."

this is so shitttttt. i just wanted Walburger and Onion to die tbh. It'll be better next chapter. Its only cause this isnt pre written and its like 12am and i need to be up at 5am.

love you all

byee

Estelle~~~