C1.11

Chapter 1.11

Du Xu Lang was only one when his mother threw him at the door of an orphanage. At that time, he was still small, so his memory was limited, he didn't even remember the woman's appearance. He didn't know who his father was, the only things the woman left him was a name and a black raven tattoo on his left shoulder.

Later he found out that this raven was the symbol for J Country's largest underworld organization, Du Conglomerate.

The orphanage wasn't a good place. There wasn't enough food, but there was a constant increase in abandoned children crying piteously for food. Usually, in order to compete for a cold steamed bun, they could break each other's bones. From age one to age five, his body was always scarred, his stomach was always rumbling, and his heart was always hazy.

But in that amoral place, there was on ray of sunshine illuminating him, allowing him to grit his teeth and support each day. That person was named Fang Nian You, she was ten years older than him, and always meticulously cared for him. Even though she was also starving, she would leave him her last bit of food. Du Xu Lang didn't know how warm a mother's love felt, but with Fang Nian You there, he felt like he'd already experienced it.

In his last year at the orphanage, a woman named Lady Yang donated a lot of money, and sent new clothes and toys to all the orphans on New Year's Eve. Fang Nian You got a pink jacket, she wore it in front of him and spun around, saying how grateful she was to Lady Yang.

He got a Transformers, something he'd always wanted. He'd even thought to steal money from the dean's office to buy it. Now that someone had sent it to him, he was naturally very happy, almost every night, he slept with it in his arms.

Not long after, Du family sent someone to find him. Du Xu Lang happily followed them to J Country. He'd thought that this was the beginning of his happy life, but he'd unknowingly stepped into hell. Du family children with no ability had only one way out, death. His brothers tore into each other like mad dogs, like insect larvae fighting for the sole opportunity to live.

On those countless, ice-cold, reeking of blood nights, Fang Nian You's smile grew more and more vibrant, and his only toy had long been forgotten in the corner.

When he finally secured the position of Du family's head, he at last had a chance to breathe. So, he decided to put down all official business and travel to C Country to find his loved ones.

What he found was Fang Nian You's son, Zhou Wenjing, in a small messy clinic. He was beaten up, his nose was broken, and his pair of dark eyes were cloudy, not a trace of sunshine.

Fang Nian You was the kind woman who laughed even when facing adversity, why did her son become like this? Du Xu Lang was angry, and with Zhou Wenjing's recount, his anger turned into overwhelming hostility.

He didn't expect that Fang Nian You hadn't committed suicide because she was suffering from depression, in fact, she was harassed to death, dying in that harasser's bathtub. He didn't have to personally witness it, he could imagine that red and tragic scene.

The Zhou family was truly wicked!

He didn't try to persuade his nephew to leave with him. Since Zhou family treated his nephew so cruelly, he'd decided to help his nephew take over all of Zhou family. With a malicious, but also mocking mind, he concealed his identity and accepted a job at Zhou Clan, and soon won Zhou Hao's trust.

As a personal assistant, he had the qualifications to enter and leave the Zhou family house. He began to secretly observe the other two Zhou family sons. Zhou Yun Sheng was the eldest son, his character appeared very calm, and his studies was always ranked among the best. Zhou Wenang was two months younger than Wenjing, the youngest, had a lively and cheerful personality, was the most liked by Zhou Hao.